This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

This whole argument is just a regurgitation of your drivel that only labor creates values, and that one has been refuted time and again.

Apparently, in the Kidiverse, gold and horse**** have the same intrinsic value.
    I know that I can never get the time it took to read this horse**** back. In a way that time has value, although no goods and services were created.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip McWho
      Ok your not the only one. But are you gonna try to change it or are you accepting it, nay fueling it by working within this system? Also, I'm sure some people believe like you do (hell I pretty much, well not in the rest just that post that your quoting ) but the system works and they realise this and am willing to operate within it.
      Guns work too. Well that depends on your prespective, doesn't it.

Comment

• Kid - lemme put it this way -

percieved value = pv
        desirability = d
        objective value(or the cost of production) = ov
        work put in = w
        price you have to pay to purchase( final cost price) = c

The equation becomes :

pv = ((ov + w)*d)/c .

This is how perception creates value , because desirability is subjective/perception based . Thus , as desirability goes down to zero , the value also goes down . This is also why freebies are so attractive - the percieved value is infinite .

Comment

• Analysing the above equation dimensionally , we come to the conclusions that work and objective value have the same dimensions , thus work does seemingly have an intrinsic objective monetary ( but not percieved ) value . Percieved value also has the same dimensions as desirability ( which somehow doesn't seem to make sense .

Comment

• Originally posted by aneeshm
            Kid - lemme put it this way -

percieved value = pv
            desirability = d
            objective value(or the cost of production) = ov
            work put in = w
            price you have to pay to purchase( final cost price) = c

The equation becomes :

pv = ((ov + w)*d)/c .
            We have to start with this equation. For the producer pv=w. For the consumer pv=d. So w=d. c and ov have nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

I know that I can never get the time it took to read this horse**** back. In a way that time has value, although no goods and services were created.
              Well, I can see in your system why you think there's no time value of money.

In our system, we expect to invest money to increase value, and therefor increase revenues, profits, etc. over time. At least we have the opportunity to do that.

In your system, there's not one fundamental concept which isn't seriously flawed and totally skewed from reality. In your system, investing additional capital makes no difference, as the enterprise continues to fail and require outside subsidy until there is no more possibility of outside subsidy, then the enterprise contracts and ultimately fails. Thus all capital investment tends towards zero over time, and money has no time value, since it's all pissed away.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• MtG

Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That's the lamest, BS argument yet MtG.

Comment

• In fact in the crowds I hang with that's nothing but talkin' trash.

Comment

• OK i'll bite

Do you believe that time has no effect on the value of anything, or just money?
                      "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

• Originally posted by Myrddin
                        OK i'll bite

Do you believe that time has no effect on the value of anything, or just money?
                        I didn't say that time doesn't affect the value of money. I said that money doesn't create value.

Comment

• But the time value of money is about the effect of time ON money - not about money creating value
                          "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

But the time value of money is about the effect of time ON money - not about money creating value
                            That's what I've been trying to tell these fools.

Comment

• No you just havn't been listening to the arguments (or at best just been at cross purposes)

Comment

No you just havn't been listening to the arguments (or at best just been at cross purposes)
                                Obviously you haven't. Why don't you start with the first post?

This is freaking amazing. I though atleast one person had some intelligence.

Comment

Working...
                                X