This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Value of Money

The idea is complete crap. Money can not create value. Only work creates value. It's nothing but smoke and mirrors.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Another DanS Certified Fvcked Up Thread.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Ok, then this one should go to 500 as well.

Comment

Poor troll.
        Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Ok, then this one should go to 500 as well

or be locked

Comment

Nah, Ming never locks these. DanS gets really pissed off at these threads, and always tries to stop them, but fails.

Comment

Time is Money

Work creates things of value.
              Things of value cost money.
              Time spent working is time spent making money.
              Time not spent working is wasted.
              Time is money

In conclusion:
              Time
              Money
              Ted Striker
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Money is a "store of value" by definition. Perception and evaluation of the "store of value" by economic agents in a free market economy does produce changes in the value which are not connected to labor. It's a free market after all.

I'm guessing DanS has made this point before...
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Kid doesn't believe in being able to "store value" (i.e. capital)
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

and that's about where the ability to discuss this ends.

Not believing in something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Re: Time Value of Money

Originally posted by Kidicious
                      The idea is complete crap. Money can not create value. Only work creates value. It's nothing but smoke and mirrors.
                      Tell you what . .. you give me 100,000 today and I'll give you back your 100,000 a year from now PLUS I'll mow your lawn ( giving you some work value).
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'm with Flubber, how about Kid giving me an interest free loan then?
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You had best turn this into a conversation quickly Kid or DanS wins

Comment

oh and kid for most people money IS given to them for their work. The value of the work is exchanged for the value of the money.

So would you acknowledge a time value of work? If not, I have 2 years worth of manufacturing labour work to be done and in return I will do 2 years of manufacturing labour work for you 20 years from now (ironclad guarantee). fair deal?
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X