Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't read the thread, its too painful....so here is my reply to the first post that is obviously so intelligent no-one has been able to respond to it to Kid's exacting standards:

Money doesn't create or have inherent value, unless of course you use it, and when you use it effects how much it is valued at.

You are thus refuted.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Time value of money. The idea is complete crap
      Remember posting that

So where are your arguments that say that time has no effect on the value of money or did you just get the thread title wrong?
      "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

• Originally posted by Myrddin
        Time value of money. The idea is complete crap
        Remember posting that

So where are your arguments that say that time has no effect on the value of money or did you just get the thread title wrong?
        Put the whole post up and read the whole thread Rockhead.

Typical crap that goes on here. Jesus!
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin
          I haven't read the thread
          Don't claim to even know what the hell people are talking about then. Let alone claim to refute them. Isn't that ******* obvious enough!

Comment

• True, the value of the one computer would be more because of the law of diminishing utility.
            In other words, value would change based on something other than labor.

What's false is that the price equals the value.
            In a free market, price is a good measure of value. If the price is perceived as too high, then people will decide that their money is more valuable than the product. Remember, price references money, which also has a certain perceived value. If I need to make a decision to spend money, I have to decide whether the money or the good/service is more valuable.

It doesn't in either case, simply because the price includes all kinds of fees that are not payments for creating that good. Interest on money is one of those fees.
            And if that price goes too high, then people will decide that their money is more valuable than the product or service. Some people will disagree, and will be willing to pay a higher price, but if most people think the price is too high, then competition and the desires of the public will drive the price down.

The bottom line is that a product has absolutely no value when it's sitting on the shelf at the store. It only has value - to the consumer, the retailer, and the manufacturer - when someone decides to buy it.

These are all side points, though. You've already agreed several times that value is relative rather than absolute, which was my original point. Now the last step is for you to agree to the obvious - that the relativity of value is based simply on perceptions.
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

Don't claim to even know what the hell people are talking about then. Let alone claim to refute them. Isn't that ******* obvious enough!
              You said address the first post, so I did.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• OK lets make it simple

1 You are are arguing that money can't create value

Fine by me

2 I am asking about a different issue- the effect of time on the value of money (aka the Time value of money) which you say is complete crap, but all your arguments are about point 1. If you don't want to address point 2 then this thread really is a dead loss
                "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

• Kid probably views time as a limitless resource, one that should have no effect on the value of anything.

Comment

• In the Kidiverse, all resources seem to be unlimited.
                    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Myrddin
                      OK lets make it simple

1 You are are arguing that money can't create value

Fine by me

2 I am asking about a different issue- the effect of time on the value of money (aka the Time value of money) which you say is complete crap, but all your arguments are about point 1. If you don't want to address point 2 then this thread really is a dead loss
                      I already told you that I'm not arguing that you don't get a return on money invested.

You're doing the same thing the rest of these people are doing.

edit: added the word don't. Now you guys have a real reason to be confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT
                        Kid probably views time as a limitless resource, one that should have no effect on the value of anything.
                        You never read what people write, or you are just a big troll.

Comment

• Tell you what . .. you give me 100,000 today and I'll give you back your 100,000 a year from now PLUS I'll mow your lawn ( giving you some work value).

What about inflation?
                          Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
                          The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
                          Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
                          We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

• Results? -- well, a "Kid-sized" edition

So, after a rousing debate where many old ideas were rehashed, restated, repeated to everyone's satisfaction, we have some results.

Kidicious has raised one question which was answered (repeatedly) by many individuals on this thread. The following posters to this thread are hereby informed that they have wasted their time talking to a wall:

Aneeshm
                            Arrian
                            Asher
                            Boshko
                            DanS
                            Dauphin
                            David Floyd
                            DAVOUT
                            Drachasor
                            Dudemanjack
                            Flip McWho
                            Flubber
                            FredKarno
                            Imran Siddiqui
                            Iskandar Reza
                            Japher
                            JohnT
                            Kontiki
                            Kuciwalker
                            Mercator
                            MichaeltheGreat
                            Ming
                            Moral Hazard
                            Myrddin
                            Natalinasmpf
                            Odin
                            Pchang
                            Saras
                            Self Biased
                            Shogun Gunner
                            Skanky Burns
                            Solomwi
                            Ted Striker
                            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?

Comment

• It's good that you can laugh at yourself.
                                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
                                X