No announcement yet.

Bush's lead GONE; Kerry leads 49-46 now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gore won the first debate on substance; on style and on expectations, Bush won. And most importantly, Bush decisively won the post-debate spin on cable news

Kerry, OTOH, won on all of the aforementioned criteria.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

Kerry is not really a big winner here. I'm sorry I still don't see how that is. His gain in the polls is very small.. and the DNC sponsored corruption in polls is much greater these days.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

first debate was funny
        when/what time is this cheney vs. edwards??

Comment

Newsweek Poll: Stacked?

Look at the makeup of Republicans vs. Democrats in Newsweek’s poll from September 11, 2004: NEWSWEEK POLL: Campaign 2004.

391 Republicans (plus or minus 6)
          300 Democrats (plus or minus 7)
          270 Independents (plus or minus 7)

Compare against the same data from the new poll, which Newsweek is using to claim that Bush’s poll lead has “evaporated:” NEWSWEEK POLL: First Presidential Debate.

345 Republicans (plus or minus 6)
          364 Democrats (plus or minus 6)
          278 Independents (plus or minus 7)

Did Newsweek choose a lower percentage of Republicans for the first debate to set up Kerry’s “comeback,” or did they stack the deck with more Democrats in the second poll?
          Unless I'm missing something, doesn't this just show that the difference between Democrats and Republicans was only 20 in the Dems favour as opposed to 91 in the GOP's favour. Seems like the second is a tad more balanced IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius

Unless I'm missing something, doesn't this just show that the difference between Democrats and Republicans was only 20 in the Dems favour as opposed to 91 in the GOP's favour. Seems like the second is a tad more balanced IMO.
            Actually that's not the point. What it shows is the race may have been always neck and neck, and Kerry didn't make any comeback because there wasn't a lead to begin with. I hate to acknowledge that but I think this nation has remain split before, and even after this debate.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

The 2000 debates went like this:

1. Gore wins
              2. Bush wins
              3. Tie
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                first debate was funny
                when/what time is this cheney vs. edwards??
                Tuesday

Not sure what time, probably 6PM est again.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

9PM ET
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

oops yeah that's right I'm thinking Pacific time again

Comment

• Hmm, on any a different note, how many of you are gonna watch the VP debate? I know I certainly am, can't wait to see Edwards torn to pieces.

Anywayz, I'm gonna go to bed.. bf is coming by tomorrow.. ttyl.

Comment

• The 2000 debates went like this:

1. Gore wins
                        2. Bush wins
                        3. Tie

Actually Bush won the first debate big time on style. The 'sighing' of Gore may have cost him the election.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Do these VP debates matter?
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            The 2000 debates went like this:

1. Gore wins
                            2. Bush wins
                            3. Tie

Actually Bush won the first debate big time on style. The 'sighing' of Gore may have cost him the election.
                            Gore won in the polls

But it was the analysis afterwards where Gore's win started to slip. He was still the winner though.

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
                              Do these VP debates matter?
                              No but they sure are fun!

Actually I think this one does because I want to see Cheney exposed for the evil bastard that he is.

Comment

• Ted Striker for President

I will bring all Capitalists and Commies together under my banner.

Comment

Working...
                                X