Iraq is NOT a quagmire!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MalevolentLight
    My point is that no matter how smart you are there is always someone smarter out there. I probably have a higher IQ than most the people on this board, but I don't use it as an arguing point because I know there are people out there smarter than me and it shouldn't be used anyway. Gepap apparently never learned this lesson...like most liberals.
    IQ has little to do with overall inteligence. I went to a select HS in NYC, very hard to get into, had to pass a test-99% of people go on to college-swaths to top Ivy Leagues and so forth. I knew some VERY dense people in HS, people who were fools, even if they scored great on standardized exams.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Apparently you don't get the point that calling someone stupid isn't a valid way to argue. That's ok though. I like watching Gepap call people stupid and then end up looking like a fool.

Comment

You and diplo have yet failed to make any substantive arguements to back up his point. Until you do, you have no ground to stand on.

Comment

IQ has little to do with overall inteligence. I went to a select HS in NYCM very hard to get into, had to pass a test-99% of people go on to college-swaths to top Ivy Leagues and so forth. I knew some VERY dense people in HS, people who were fools, even if they scored great on standardized exams.
          Great, I'm glad you can claim fame for going to a High School. But IQ really does have alot to do with overall intelligence. Educated doesn't mean intelligent just as intelligent doesn't mean educated. But if you want to keep calling people stupid we can compare IQ's. You want to argue, fine, but don't call people stupid unless you're ready to put your intelligence level out on the table.

Comment

Apparently you don't get the point that calling someone stupid isn't a valid way to argue.
            I didn't think that was the point you were trying to make, seeing as how GePap never called anybody stupid on this thread. I can't be arsed to try to make sense of your non sequiturs.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

The only IQ test I ever took said 132.

And that means ****.

This is an arguement about foreign policy and the status of the situation in Iraq.

Pop quiz genius, without going to google:

How many ottoman provinces were cobbled together to make Iraq a country?
              From what prominent family did the first soverign of Iraq come from?

Do you know the history of Iraq- how we got to where we got? That matters more to this discussion than IQ levels.

Comment

My point is that no matter how smart you are there is always someone smarter out there. I probably have a higher IQ than most the people on this board, but I don't use it as an arguing point because I know there are people out there smarter than me and it shouldn't be used anyway. Gepap apparently never learned this lesson...like most liberals.

ML-- you were the one bringing up IQ-- all I saw was someone ridiculing your position.

Oh and on thinking you are smart . .. they did a poll here once and I think 99% thought they were in the top half of intelligence on this board, and I think something like half thought they were in the top 10 %. I'm sure you have good "reasons" for your assertion but frankly nobody cares how smart you think you are
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger

I didn't think that was the point you were trying to make, seeing as how GePap never called anybody stupid on this thread. I can't be arsed to try to make sense of your non sequiturs.
                  Agreed-- Gepap said a comparison of Iraq and WW2 is stupid-- I tend to agree

edit-- obviously you can compare any two things-- I could compare the war in Iraq to an apple I guess- I just don't see what it adds

A better comparison for Iraq is dare I say it , Vietnam. Both are wars that could be "won"but the enemy is all around and within the civilain population and does not usually fight set battles from fixed held positions. In both, the home population is less than fully supportive and in both there were uncertain or changing objectives and dubious methods to exit
                  Last edited by Flubber; September 23, 2004, 12:51.
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                    The only IQ test I ever took said 132.
                    Boys boys-- put your rulers away

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Boys boys-- put your rulers away
                      He asked- wanted to shut him up on the issue. I took the test as a curiosity not long ago- never took one as a child thankfuly. I think it screws with children's heads- if they get very high, then they have to worry about living to expectations- if they get too low, then they think themselves hopeless.

Back on the issue:

We supposedly have two defined goals in iraq- beating "the terrorists" (which now means everyone form foreigners to local Islamists to nationalists) and creating "a democracy", which takes decades to do.

Comment

comparing IQ's what next, we compare penis sizes? Actually comparing our IQ's is equivalent to average men comparing penis sizes I think.

Comment

back on subject.

I ask one thing of you all who say it is not a quagmire.

Exactly how are we going to withdraw our troops, yet ensure Iraq does not enter in a civil war, and can maintain enough peace to hold elections and maintain the country?

Comment

Unlike John Kerry in this campaign season, I won;t back down form a fight- this is how you have to handle the right-wingers. Otherwise their smears will wash over you.

Comment

Any attempt in calling Iraq a failure or a quagmire is ignorant.

As of today Iraq has no proven connection to AQ or any group that was engaged in hostile acts against the U.S. in recent history.
                              WRONG!

Iraqi agents attempted to assassinate a US President correct me if I am wrong, and was planning terrorist attacks against the United States. Iraq has worked with Al Qaeda significantly since the end of the first gulf war.
                              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                                Unlike John Kerry in this campaign season, I won;t back down form a fight- this is how you have to handle the right-wingers. Otherwise their smears will wash over you.
                                You handle people by your complusive lying about a situation? Beautiful.
                                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                                X