Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rallying Point: Liberty Island - Refugees from Kidatopia, report!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

• Potential solution to increase our water supply:

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• another possibility might be to use seawater to power steam generators on the island for various power needs, and recapture the desalinated water from those operations. Gotta make everything we can pull double duty.

-=Vel=-

another good link with innovative ideas:

The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Meanwhile, once those windmills are in operation, I'm gonna lease 'em to LoA if he's interested in establishing the Liberty Power Company. That'll start him off with 9k watts of 120ACV power, to be augmented by whatever native sources he can get up and running as time goes by.
          is the island windy enough for these windmills? anyways, since it seems we have moved in, we need to get water and food supplies going before we do electricity. im thinking we're going to need a govt to either sell/give land away, to farmers, etc so people can start making money. we need to establish property rights, so i can buy rivers and use it to generate electricity. and sell it as irrigation water to farmers.

As soon as we have this stuff sorted out and i have some property, i'll start Liberty Electric (LE)
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• well, we got two nominees for kahuna, and no seconds so far, so if we're gonna start the party, then the first thing we need are seconds, calls for additional nominees, if any, and then a vote!

-=Vel=-

Comment

• i obj to the title - big kahuna? i mean it is a revolt and we need a more dramatic, revolutionary sounding titel.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• lol...you radical...

well, I got no particular preference as to what we call him....we can simply revert back to "President" for now and let each one pick his own "title" or somesuch....That could be fun...

the main thing is, get somebody elected and start this party!

-=Vel=-
                PS: Maybe we could go l337 style, and call him the BadazzPrezd00d?

-v

Comment

• and we need more revolutionary rhetoric towards kidatopia. to ensure that we get no defectors, we need to raise the price of them defecting back to the 'topia, and to do that, we need to be treasonous and i say we declare a jihad aiaiaiaiaiaiaiiaiaiai.

Comment

• Damn. I wish I wasn't so busy today.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Actually, I'm thinking we should try and cozy up to them. Offer to take those surviving heinous capitalist pig-dogs in their ranks off their hands. They can pay us a modest fee to deport them to Liberty...then, they don't have to worry about them corrupting the flock, and we get more able bodied, hard working men and women as citizens of the island.

-=Vel=-

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo
                        Rent = 0? Commie.

Just able to stop by for a moment and see this.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• why is it commie? nobody is forcing him to have rent at 0. therefore, it cant be commie because communism necessairly depends on force to impose that price.

Comment

• They're just upset because I'm not playing to their misconceptions...but I rather enjoy that, actually.

-=Vel=-

Comment

• Not really. Just the opposite, in fact. We're just making fun of your baby-eating preconceptions of communism.
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

• Ahhh.

Yep, and I'm guessing that's just EXACTLY why I got called a fraud earlier.

Uh huh.

-=Vel=-
                                (but it really WAS a good try... )

Comment

Working...
                                X