High School Standings, where were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark
    and then you told the other popular kids to cut it out with bullying the others? Or you just found that by joining in, they didnt bully you, only fooled around?
    A started some of it too. When you see someone doing something annoying and stupid, you just gotta call it out on them to try to get them to stop, you know.

I had a WONDERFUL time in high school, but my time in Junior high school was lousy, and I did NOTHING to deserve it, just have be in a class with a bunch of f*cked up and jealous kids. And there are kids whose middle school experience is far worse, and who do end up totally f*cked up. Even doing acts of violence (unless you think its the video games, huh?)

But of course no one elses experience could be different from yours, and no one elses point of view matters. Typical bully.
    How do you know you didn't do anything to deserve it? You didn't get anything in high school so it looks like you learned from your mistakes. Good job, you're better than most.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Like LoTM, I went to stuy, and everyone there is some type of nerd, with the exception of non-bosy jocks.

There being no singular dominant social clique, people are really left alone.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
        I HAVE moved on. That doesn't change the fact it still sucked at the time, and others are having sucky things happen to them.

I suppose all the shellshocked marines out there are a bunch of pussies that need to get over the war, eh?
        You just made a point for me. How can you expect people who can't even deal with things in junior high/high school to handle war and the pains in everyday life? Real life can be pretty horrible, and there will still be people who'll fight you and put you down. School is a learning experience.
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Look, you werent at my JHS - im not even sure you were alive when those events transpired. What gives you the gall to think that you know what happened?
          From what you said. Unless there are more things you'd like to mention.

You have your own experience, and you talked to a couple of others in the same school you attended? And from this you can generalize to the every situation in the world?? I dont know if you are a jerk, but I CAN say that your understanding of scientific method sucks donkey balls, so to speak.
          No, I didn't just to others at the same school. I never said that. I said I talked with others, but I never said it was only in that school. There are people in college, and people on the internet, and people from social gatherings, and books, and studies, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse

A started some of it too. When you see someone doing something annoying and stupid, you just gotta call it out on them to try to get them to stop, you know.
            You are a jerk. I hope the kids you bullied turned out OK, but i can see why you wouldnt want to admit the effect bullying has. I wouldnt want that guilt trip either.

How do you know you didn't do anything to deserve it? You didn't get anything in high school so it looks like you learned from your mistakes. Good job, you're better than most.
            i went to a high school that none of the jerks attended. A math science oriented school called Stuyvesant that is one of the nations great refuges for nerds. And yes, I didnt do anything to deserve it. You, however deserve to be treated like the jerk you are.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I guess I was popular. Got nice memories. Was elected by the students as another student member to the school board and was the chairman of ours schools students union. Had two girls to go to proms with. I was friend of everyones.
              Last edited by laurentius; August 23, 2004, 17:43.
              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

No, I didn't just to others at the same school. I never said that. I said I talked with others, but I never said it was only in that school. There are people in college, and people on the internet, and people from social gatherings, and books, and studies, etc.

You did a scientific study? did you discount testimony that disproved your thesis, as youre doing here?
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

You are a jerk. I hope the kids you bullied turned out OK, but i can see why you wouldnt want to admit the effect bullying has. I wouldnt want that guilt trip either.
                  Everyone I did get on in high school did turn out better because of it.

Comment

I dont know if you are a jerk, but I CAN say that your understanding of scientific method sucks donkey balls, so to speak.
                    LotM gets mad. Wow.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

You did a scientific study? did you discount testimony that disproved your thesis, as youre doing here?
                      Nope, I didn't. I never said I did. And I don't have too. Just like I don't have to do a scientific study on everything to understand it. You can read about it too. And I don't see any testimony that really disproves anything. I just see you saying something that illustrates a reason why someone would want to smack some sense into you.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        LotM gets mad. Wow.
                        Yeah, and this show of emotion about it getting to him might be why people have fun with it.

Comment

from an actual study:

"Who Becomes a Victim?
                          Children who become repeated victims of aggression, and bullying, tend to be quiet and shy in temperament. They tend not to retaliate or make any assertive responses to the initial aggression, which is then repeated by the bully. Children who become victims typically lack friends and social support at school, and they are often not confident in their physical abilities and strength.

While most victims do not do anything to provoke the victimization, there is a subgroup of victims who tend to show irritating and inappropriate social behaviour. These children tend to be impulsive and have poor social skills. These "provocative victims" may also try to bully other children, so they are both bully and victim (Olweus, 1993). "

BTW, I had friends and social support, and fought back as much as possible - which is why the jerk resorted to harassing and not actually beating me up, and generally only did it with his gang around, and when my friends werent around.

OTOH I have sympathy for all those out there who DONT have the tempermant to fight back. They dont deserve to be bullied either.

Comment

Nope, I didn't. I never said I did. And I don't have too. Just like I don't have to do a scientific study on everything to understand it. You can read about it too. And I don't see any testimony that really disproves anything. I just see you saying something that illustrates a reason why someone would want to smack some sense into you.
                            No normal, good person wants to smack sense into anyone. I could see why someone whos more sensitive than I was, and had access to weapons, would want to shoot you, though.

Comment

Yeah, and this show of emotion about it getting to him might be why people have fun with it.
                              yup, anyone who shows emotion when being bullied or teased deserves to be bullied or teased. What a selfjustifiying viewpoint.

Comment

You just made a point for me. How can you expect people who can't even deal with things in junior high/high school to handle war and the pains in everyday life? Real life can be pretty horrible, and there will still be people who'll fight you and put you down. School is a learning experience.
                                I didn't make any points for you. School IS real life, if you're in school.

I find it unfathomable that you discount everyone else's opinion if they are different from yours. The only analysis I can get from this is that your opinion describes a core tenet of yours, one that you probably used to get over your being bullied, and/or used to justify your own bullying. Therefore you can't question it.

All pain is physical, and can have long term effects. You include the ability of a person to dicount pain (which varies, and I agree with) but COMPLETELY ignore the levels of pain a person can be afflicted with. Why is that?

If a person is robbed, a woman raped, or one loses a limb in an accident, would it be okay if they bore scars for months or years, in your opinion? Or are they being 'whiny'?
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X