No announcement yet.

High School Standings, where were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nerd/Reject/left alone. People don't really mess with 6 feet tall, 200 pound nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

That pretty much sums it up. Just change the "or" to an "and." Which is probably the reason I couldn't have cared less that I heard nothing about a 10-yr reunion (I graduated in 1994). There are like 5 people I might have wanted to see & talk to.

-Arrian
      The odd (maybe) thing is that even though I don't have any especially bad memories/experiences from high school, I couldn't give a rat's ass about a reunion either. I stay in touch with those that I want to and honestly don't care about the others.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Some people just need to learn to stop being so self-involved. EVERYONE gets **** in high school. My school's star quarterback (and played on the US team in Europe for rugby he was that good) got made fun of all the time. It was the same way pretty much everyone. You do something stupid, you get made fun of. Most people get called a ****** or some equivilent in high no matter who they are. It's not just you.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

0 popular?

I was left alone, at my own choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
            0 popular?

I was left alone, at my own choice.
            Reporting for duty, sir!

It seemed so immensely important back in the day.

Comment

What would you define as popular? I mean, I knew alot of people and alot of people knew me. I wouldn't say I was a member of the "everyone wants to be friends with these people" group, but then again, I can't recall that such a group even existed at my high school.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

being a nerd was normal at Stuyvesant, so im not quite sure how to answer this.

in JHS i was a nerd and was bullied/teased, though i managed to make enough friends to make it survivable. Stuyvesant was heaven after that.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                  Some people just need to learn to stop being so self-involved. EVERYONE gets **** in high school. My school's star quarterback (and played on the US team in Europe for rugby he was that good) got made fun of all the time.
                  Obviously, some people don't ****ing get it. There is a world of difference for getting made fun of because people are playing around with you as friends (******* friends, but friends), or because you did something stupid, and being made fun of because you exist. It's like saying that people who get tortured should just toughen up cuz everyone get's hit at some point.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

So, 68% of poly are/were nerds.

Who here is surprised?

Spec.
                    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Because this isn't a Doom forum.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

@ Che

It seems that when people get to college/Cegep all that standing crap is gone.
                        It also seems that when people discover boose and drugs, the same thing happens.
                        And it seems that both happen pretty much at the same time.

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                          What year? And what do you do now?

Spec.

Ninth grade, and I'm not doing anything now. Not anything that I get paid to do, anyways. I do lots of volunteer work though.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I'm surprised it's that low.

And I agree with Che - there's friendly razzing and then there is real bullying.

There was a guy in HS who used to occasionally punch me. For no reason at all. Some days, that was his "hello." I'd walk by in the hallway and BLAM, get nailed in the shoulder and knocked across the hallway (he was big, I was quite little). Other days, he was nice. Strange guy.

Anyway, that's not even the half of it. It most certainly did NOT happen to everybody. It happened to small nerdy types (combo of weak and smart = easy target).

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                              It happened to small nerdy types (combo of weak and smart = easy target).
                              That's what's weird. I would think, today, that small and dumb would be an easier target...

Hmmm....

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                                It seems that when people get to college/Cegep all that standing crap is gone.
                                It also seems that when people discover boose and drugs, the same thing happens.
                                And it seems that both happen pretty much at the same time.
                                I almost didn't go to college, I hated school so much. I'm glad I went, it changed my world. It took me a while though, to sort out what had happened with me. I still take friendly razzing, but I'm much quicker to define a line that I won't allow to be crossed. Bunnygrrl's a large part of the reason, cuz since being verbally abused seemed normal to me. She wouldn't let me take it though, and now I don't.

I wonder if the torture made me depressed or the depression kept me from responding to the torture. Probably a combination of both. I know when I moved to Illinois, where the kids were much crueler, my grades plumetted, I had few friends, and I started the depression that has plagued me for the last 25 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X