Clear All

Apocalypse

Where bouts in Houston you at?

I am in Humble

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood
      Where bouts in Houston you at?

I am in Humble
      In Spring, right off Rayford so it's still north side.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Wow, talk about belittling other people's experiences. How the hell do you know what LotM went through (or Che, or me?)? You don't. You, for whatever reason, really want to believe that the people who got it bad in school are just whiners who are out of touch with reality. Whereas I think it's you who is out of touch with reality. That, or just a jerk. I'm not sure which.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Since I just finished HS in May (and get exam results on thursday...), I have to be honest and say that the first 2 years there were hell. I knew no body there, since I was the only person from my primary school to get the required grades, and I rarely make friends easily, fearing rejection at little to much.

I was fairly popular for the last 3 years in HS, since it was then that they reorganized the classes, and we were allowed to reorganize the subjects we took. I was with the jocks, and helped them with there science and maths homework. That and playing Sport (Football) during Lunch has made me more than enough friends and respectability so that I can get on with my life...
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse

No...you got something worse because you want to believe that. Whining about occasional physical harrassment in high school is just silly. Sooo many people get that. Move on.

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
              Wow, talk about belittling other people's experiences. How the hell do you know what LotM went through (or Che, or me?)? You don't. You, for whatever reason, really want to believe that the people who got it bad in school are just whiners who are out of touch with reality. Whereas I think it's you who is out of touch with reality. That, or just a jerk. I'm not sure which.
              Well I was the only one to put Popular/Teaser

But seriously. I got it really bad in junior high. One guy liked to punch me as hard as he could a few times in the arm some mornings and then check on the bruise throughout the day. I was called gay all the time. I didn't have any friends. That's largely why I spent most of my time working on Apolyton's rival SidGames.com. No one to hang out with on weekends and after school. In high school it started off fairly similiar, but then I got my **** together, became popular, and saw the same things happen with the popular guys, it's just that they generally don't let it get to them and fight back. And it's not just my experience, I've discussed it with others before.

And yes, I am trying to belittle your experiences. You should belittle them. Forget it and be glad you moved on. Stop whining about how horrible high school is and it should be changed some how.
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Normal.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

-Arrian
                  evidently he was so sure of what happened to me, he didnt even need to read my post, since he says high school and i said JHS (is it only new yorkers who recognize the abbreviation for JUNIOR high school?)
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I have gone through the bullying ****e that happens. It is not nice when you have no one to talk too. You endure all the pain and humiliation at school, and then your parents just assume your having fun...that was hell, and I sympathise with everyone who has endured/ is enduring such pain.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I'm not surprised.

And yes, I am trying to belittle your experiences. You should belittle them. Forget it and be glad you moved on. Stop whining about how horrible high school is and it should be changed some how
                      I figured as much. Thanks so much for trying to help me. Like I said, I do not sit around thinking about this stuff normally. I only do if there is a reason: such as this thread. It's not like I'm wallowing in misery over stuff that happened 10+ yrs ago. Thus, no need to tell me to get a life. I have one, and I like it.

That being said, HS culture does suck and ideally should change. It's not "whiny" to say that kids shouldn't get beat on & picked on just because they're small or smart or have a funny name, or whatever.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

But seriously. I got it really bad in junior high. One guy liked to punch me as hard as he could a few times in the arm some mornings and then check on the bruise throughout the day. I was called gay all the time. I didn't have any friends. That's largely why I spent most of my time working on Apolyton's rival SidGames.com. No one to hang out with on weekends and after school. In high school it started off fairly similiar, but then I got my **** together, became popular, and saw the same things happen with the popular guys, it's just that they generally don't let it get to them and fight back.
                        and then you told the other popular kids to cut it out with bullying the others? Or you just found that by joining in, they didnt bully you, only fooled around?

And yes, I am trying to belittle your experiences. You should belittle them. Forget it and be glad you moved on. Stop whining about how horrible high school is and it should be changed some how.

I had a WONDERFUL time in high school, but my time in Junior high school was lousy, and I did NOTHING to deserve it, just have be in a class with a bunch of f*cked up and jealous kids. And there are kids whose middle school experience is far worse, and who do end up totally f*cked up. Even doing acts of violence (unless you think its the video games, huh?)

But of course no one elses experience could be different from yours, and no one elses point of view matters. Typical bully.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                          evidently he was so sure of what happened to me, he didnt even need to read my post, since he says high school and i said JHS (is it only new yorkers who recognize the abbreviation for JUNIOR high school?)

What I said applies to both anyway.

Comment

That being said, HS culture does suck and ideally should change. It's not "whiny" to say that kids shouldn't get beat on & picked on just because they're small or smart or have a funny name, or whatever.
                            But it's not just because they are small or smart or have a funny name. There are people like that who are popular.

Comment

stuff
                              I HAVE moved on. That doesn't change the fact it still sucked at the time, and others are having sucky things happen to them.

I suppose all the shellshocked marines out there are a bunch of pussies that need to get over the war, eh?
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

But it's not just because they are small or smart or have a funny name. There are people like that who are popular.

Look, you werent at my JHS - im not even sure you were alive when those events transpired. What gives you the gall to think that you know what happened?
                                You have your own experience, and you talked to a couple of others in the same school you attended? And from this you can generalize to the every situation in the world?? I dont know if you are a jerk, but I CAN say that your understanding of scientific method sucks donkey balls, so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X