No announcement yet.

Elian 4 year later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, relatively few (as far as most revolutions are concerned) were killed (most of them were right *******s guilty of murder, torture, rape and a host of other crimes) and there was no widespread "disappearance" program that I know of.

That certain people were being arrested and shot under the "revolutionary justice" program was both widely known and widely approved of.

I don't approve of it, just as I don't approve of capital punishment in general, but hey, that's just my bleeding heart...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      And you couldn't stop us inside your own country.

BTW Che which party do you belong to? The Chinese, North Korean, Cuba, or North Vietnam ?

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Only if you think Castro has 10 years or more of life left in him. That regime won't last long after the old man dies.
        come on, we all know that reputable doctors have said he's got another 70 left.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
          Yes I do. I serve and worked for the Navy for 33 plus years, what do you think. If they had not close MINSY I would have put in 37 or more years. That is longer than most of you have been alive.
          dude, stop using your age as something to rest your hat on.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            Actually, relatively few (as far as most revolutions are concerned) were killed (most of them were right *******s guilty of murder, torture, rape and a host of other crimes) and there was no widespread "disappearance" program that I know of.

That certain people were being arrested and shot under the "revolutionary justice" program was both widely known and widely approved of.

I don't approve of it, just as I don't approve of capital punishment in general, but hey, that's just my bleeding heart...
            The story coming out of Cuba in the 60s, 70s were not good one for sure. There is no way to know for sure if the story were the truce or lies.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144

dude, stop using your age as something to rest your hat on.
              My name is not dude ever get it.

Comment

dude, get over it
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Joseph must really be quite old if he was born before the Communist takeover in Mongolia in the '20s.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
                    The story coming out of Cuba in the 60s, 70s were not good one for sure. There is no way to know for sure if the story were the truce or lies.
                    Approximaely 500 people were executed by the kangaroo courts set up by the revolution. The vast majority of these people were former National Guard, Batista's murderers and torturers. It should be noted that Castro was not the leader of Cuba for the first six months, Uria was, a moderate politician. Revolutions are compex things, and rarely is anyone single person in control.

As for the story coming out of Cuba, it really depended on to whom you were listening. The U.S. government has had a hate-on for Cuba since the revolution. The aren't exactly an objective source for information about Cuba. Neither are the gusanos in Miami, who terrorize the Cuban community abroad. The truth is, many, if not most, Cuban-Americans do not hate Castro. They do, however, feel unsafe to admit that in public, for fear that they will lose their jobs, their homes, and even their lives. Even in Chicago, attempts to even have a play based on Che Guevara's Motorcycle Diaries were met with actual arson and bomb threats.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph
                      I have never said Batista was good.
                      You're implying that Cuba was better off before Castro. Cut the BS and stop dissembling.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

You're implying that Cuba was better off before Castro. Cut the BS and stop dissembling.
                        Let me give it to you straight. If I had the opportunity both Batista and Castro would have been shot between the eyes.

I do not like any dictator. I like voting for a Pres. even if I loose once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                        X