Elian 4 year later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elian 4 year later

Elian has been back in Cuba for 4 years now.
    NBC ask to see him and his Father said no. Then a week later the Father call NBC and said yes they could now see Elian.
    One of the report said he is just a normal kid in Cuba.

However at his 10th year birthday party the entire school that he attends came to his party, and of course since he is just a normal kid in Cuba, F. Castro show up for the party and help Elian blow out his candle on his birthday cake.

Also Elian was invited to the Communist Party get together.

Just a normal kid growing up in Cuba. I sure hope Clinton and Co. feel good about this.

You would feel better to have taken him away from his father?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

So he appears to be living a good life with his father. And why should they feel bad about that?
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        You would feel better to have taken him away from his father?
        From a commie yes in a heart beat.
        He had uncles and aunts and cousins living here, and if his mother had lived, he would be living here.

I dislike commie.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
          He had uncles and aunts and cousins living here
          Who all showed themselves to be scum who wanted to use Elian for their own political agenda, unlike his father, who just wanted Elian back home.

I dislike commie.
          Me dislike stupidity.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I figure having Fidel turn up on your birthday party messes you up less than what staying in the 'States would've done to him. Chances are, some presidential hopeful would've messed up his party there.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Me dislike stupidity.
              Why is stupid to dislike a communist?

The cold war for you was over when you were 14.
              The cold war was over for me when I was 48. Plus I had to take the oath when I was 17 and again at 21 to defend the USA from all enemies which at the time was communisms.

Comment

We should take children away from all Southerners, because schools in the North are superior, and they would have a much better life being raised by educated and employed Yankees instead of backwards and ignorant Southerners.

I'm sure Elian is much happier with his real family as opposed to a bunch of ciminals and thugs in Miami, which is what his Miami family is.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

its certainly a good thing that Elian was returned to Cuba, cause if wasnt, Al Gore might have taken Florida, and been President on September 11 ...
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                    its certainly a good thing that Elian was returned to Cuba, cause if wasnt, Al Gore might have taken Florida, and been President on September 11 ...
                    You mean, that is the one reason why it would have been nice to keep Elian here?

Better to grow up with your father than with basically strangers.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I think because you can have a better life here, the US should kidnap all the world's children.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        I think because you can have a better life here, the US should kidnap all the world's children.
                        how about only the ones whos moms die in the attempt to get them to the US.

Cmon, what SHOULD have happened was that Elians mom should have lived, and he should have been brought up by her in the US, with assistance from her family. After that it was a tragedy either way, and its too bad most people at the time couldnt see it other than through the lens of politics. Im surprised people here are going to back to full 1999 mode - if we're going to see it only through the lens of politics, might as well at least do it through the lens of current politics, which is why i brought up the Al Gore dig.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

how about only the ones whos moms die in the attempt to get them to the US.

Cmon, what SHOULD have happened was that Elians mom should have lived, and he should have been brought up by her in the US, with assistance from her family. After that it was a tragedy either way, and its too bad most people at the time couldnt see it other than through the lens of politics. Im surprised people here are going to back to full 1999 mode - if we're going to see it only through the lens of politics, might as well at least do it through the lens of current politics, which is why i brought up the Al Gore dig.
                          But the mother did NOt live, and luckly the child did not die either. Since the remaining father, who by all accounts was a dutyful father, had every right to custody.

Morality and the Law were on the father's side. Those who wanted him to stay were the ones motivated not by their respect for law, but by raw politics. The proof of that is that people talking about poor Elian would most likely not gived a damend if the mother or father in case were haitian, or if it were a Mexican mother dying in the desert.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

But the mother did NOt live, and luckly the child did not die either. Since the remaining father, who by all accounts was a dutyful father, had every right to custody.

Morality and the Law were on the father's side. Those who wanted him to stay were the ones motivated not by their respect for law, but by raw politics. The proof of that is that people talking about poor Elian would most likely not gived a damend if the mother or father in case were haitian, or if it were a Mexican mother dying in the desert.
                            If he had been Mexican, hed have gone back to live in a free country, and wouldnt have had his upbrining distorted by being a cause celebre in Mexico.

Look, the outcome was still tragic. Having a mother who wanted him to live in freedom with her "family of criminal and thugs" and being returned to live in Cuba with a regime loyal father IS a tragedy, even if the law requires it, and morality, given the absence of close relatives the boy knew in Florida, required it. Elians tragedy will end when he has the opportunity to move freely between his relatives in Miami and his father living in a free Cuba.

Comment

If he had been Mexican, hed have gone back to live in a free country, and wouldnt have had his upbrining distorted by being a cause celebre in Mexico.
                              A "free" country, you mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X