No announcement yet.

Planned Parenthood T-Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only if you are equating an abortion with killing a human being.

Even if we are talking about potential human being, it is still distasteful.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Actually, may develop is more accurate. Many zygotes and fetuses sponteniously abort.

this happens, yes. and your point is...?
      if it's natural, there's nothing you can do about it. last i checked, it's kinda hard to force an aborted fetus back into the womb to re-implant.
      abortions, however, that are unnatural, you can stop. flat out, they shouldn't be done except in the most dire circumstances, but who has the moral standing and understanding to force that on anyone else? not i, seeing as i lack a uterus. the church doesn't, seeing as not everybody agrees with it.

Hell, all birth control does is keep the zygote from implanting, so if you're seriously opposed to abortion, you should be opposed to the pill as well.

as far as the pill is concerned the church is against it. i don't have an opinion on it.
      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        This shirt is distasteful. It's like a guy killing someone in self-defense and then wearing a shirt trumpeting it.

Best analogy ever
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Not necessarily. That simply means the potential cannot be realised at this point in time, not the potential does not exist.

fine, as far as i'm concerned, "potential human being" has a time limit of a year from conception. so if your mole lasted longer than a year, che, and still hasn't become a human, it doesn't pass the test. a fetus, however, that isn't aborted, and does get born within a year, does pass it.
          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
            the mole did not have a full nervous system that was self-contained.
            Neither does a fetus. At best it's only partially developed.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Other ideas:

Shirt Set for Mother and Daughter; Mom's says "F'in Idiot", Daughter's says "Mistake"

Or, they should make that "I had an Abortion" T-Shirt in a half shirt.

Or, it should read "I had an Abortion and all I got was this losy T-shirt"
              Monkey!!!

Comment

In case nobody checked the link yet:

They have finally arrived!

Planned Parenthood is proud to offer yet another t-shirt in our new social fashion line: "I Had an Abortion" fitted T-shirts are now available. These soft and comfortable fitted tees assert a powerful message in support of women's rights.

Order yours for $15 each.

$15.00Sizes: Medium-2013Large-2014

Need help? Send your question to store@ppfa.org.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

My sperm has the potential to be a human being. Does this mean throwing it away on a tissue is murder?
                  According to a high-profile anti-abortionist at CFC OT, yes, it does.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

i suppose he believes that every sperm is sacred, that every sperm is good.
                    too bad a spermatozoa does not have the requisite number of chromosomes on its own to have a viable shot of turning into a human being within a year.
                    B♭3

Comment

the only reason why i even joined this tired discussion is because i am one of those pro-choice pro-life people that ozzykp don't think exist.
                      I never said that, ******.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Pro-choicers are always trying to say they are against abortions, but think they shouldn't be illegal. Well I've seen plenty of things like this where people praise abortions. I once was at a pro-choice rally where a woman was giving some spoken word poem where she described in graphic detail an abortion, as if it was a sexually gratifying experience. It was revolting.

harsh, calling me a ******...
                        it's certainly how i read this line, at least the direction you seemed to be pointing at.
                        B♭3

Comment

wonderful, too. the first name calling in this thread is by someone who seems to be on the side of pro-life, training his guns on someone else who is at least in part on his side of pro-life.
                          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                            What makes you think that shirt is an official Planned Parenthood shirt? I don't see their name on it. I also don't see a source. So it's wrong, and completely ignorant, to think this shirt represents the opinions of all pro-choice people.
                            Umm, the link would make me think it is a Planned Parenthood shirt. Mad Monk just quoted it. Now who is wrong and completely ignorant?

And no offense, but considering you aren't pro-choice, I assume your family is probably not pro-choice... that being said, how can you claim to know how many pro-choice people feel? My circle of friends, my family, and most of the other people I know in my life are pro-choice and they certainly don't feel the way you are characterizing pro-choice people.
                            Another wrong and completely ignorant assumption. Most of my friends and family are pro-choice. Some do indeed embrace abortions. An ex-girlfriend of mine described the fetus as a parasite that should be destroyed, etc.

Again I never said most or all pro-choicers are like this, but it is far, far from a fringe minority. This t-shirt, being sold by an organization that represents millions of people is proof of that.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

i suppose he believes that every sperm is sacred, that every sperm is good.
                              too bad a spermatozoa does not have the requisite number of chromosomes on its own to have a viable shot of turning into a human being within a year.
                              so does that mean that for every two people, the loss of a sperm + an egg (because together they make babies) is murder?

Or how about an embryo that is just fertilized... compared to a split-second before fertilization, it's not that different. Is that where you draw the arbitrary line of personhood? Death is not necessarily a bad thing. Murder now, well that's different. The loss of a person isn't just about the death of the body. It's about the social connections we have to other people in life. Certainly the loss of say, your mother, would be more painful than the loss of an embryo that's ten seconds old?

My point being that there's no difference between the time after you die versus the time before you were born. The end result is the same. You are non-existent. What makes the death of a person painful is the loss that affects others, like friends and relatives. How is the death of an unwanted, fetus bad? I know I'd rather never be born than be an unwanted child. It's like euthenasia in that regard.

Part of my ranting is frustration. I am frustrated because I don't understand why people value some stranger's fetus. Judging from the pro-life/anti-choice people's political leanings, love for fellow humans isn't tops on their list. Or else they'd believe in things like welfare, social safety nets... i.e. liberal causes. That's why I conclude that opposition to abortion isn't based on love of a living human being, but rather, a desire to execute control over women.

Is abortion "distasteful" as Imran puts it? Yes. As I've said, in a perfect world, we don't have abortion. But let's not delude ourselves into thinking a fetus is worth anything, m'kay?
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

wonderful, too. the first name calling in this thread is by someone who seems to be on the side of pro-life, training his guns on someone else who is at least in part on his side of pro-life.
                                Don't twist my words and I won't call you on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X