No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw, I don't see why we can't have a 14 team league .

We'll just have to jiggle the positions and shorten the bench, but it easily can be done? What do you think?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This is what the positions for a 14 team league would look like to me .

QB
      RB
      WR
      WR
      TE
      RB/WR
      K
      Team D

4 Bench (smaller bench prevents stockpiling players, so if a RB gets injured, there are people on the waiver wire so you aren't totally left out of the cold).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

So, only 12 rounds of drafting? I thought we were looking at 14-15. Not being familiar, I'll ask -- Is this fewer active players or shorter benches? Do the extra teams make THAT much difference?

I like Kalius' idea of Team D + one individual defender.

I agree w/Berz that a full-point penalty for incompletion is too penal.

1 pt//10 yds rushing sounds good.

Two leagues will provide a great way to playtest the different ideas floating around. We could input all teams numbers into the two rulesets and see what kind of difference it would make in game results.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

No, it'll be 14 rounds now (at least), because we decided we'll cap THIS league at 12.

Berz just noticed that we can ONLY set 15 offensive catagories. I added completions, incompletions, and return yards. We can't put in rushing attempts because that would put us over. I think 1 point for 10 yards works better anyway.

Comment

Anyway, I'll be away for the next week (well I'll be online a few times during it), so if we start a draft it'll be on the 19th on the Off Topic.

This is presupposing no other rule changes are asked for .

Comment

works for me
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

*punt*

Comment

Speak now or forever hold your peace. If no other changes to be made, draft will be in preliminaries on the 19th, then we'll get the draft order and start picking players.

Comment

I am good, let's get this thing going!

Comment

It'll be on the 19th, I'll be away for a bit.

Who wants to do the draft order?

Comment

I'll use the random button on my calculator if you want...

Comment

The 19th is good for me. I gots me queue all lined up... prepare to suffer...

How is the order being determined?
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Imran, are the current league settings the ones we are using?

Comment

Yep... AFAIK. I may change whether it is a TE or WR/TE, but everything else seems to have been debated through and through and no one has anything else to add.

Comment

TE if prefs are being taken...

Comment

Working...
                                X