Apolyton Fantasy Football!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    I'd prefer maybe given a RB 1 point for every 10 yards or so, rather than 25.
    I think that, in general, yards are undervalued as opposed to scorind TD

to 1 point per rushing attempt

Comment

You know, I was thinking. We could give a QB one point per completion, but also take away, say 0.5 points, per incomplete pass. .

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

The RB's who have power catch alot of passes (did you pray today ). Imagine a common performance from a heavy duty RB, 25 rushes for 95 yards with maybe 1 catch and no TD's. Maybe 5 points for the guy who really controls the game. Compare him with the WR who catches 3 passes for 40 yards - 5 points. Who was more important? Now, maybe a 1/2 per rush is too much. I don't know if we can go with 1/4 point per rush (or even 1/2 for that matter, this may be moot). But if we can give RB's some kind of bonus for rushing attempts it would help even them out with receivers. Maybe we could give RB's 1 point per 10 yds rushing

Anyway, I'm not that attached to the idea. But I did notice last year how even 2nd and 3rd string WR's typically outscored all but the elite RB's who made a bunch of catches. Consider Jamal Lewis' performance last year, but he didn't have many catches, so the best RB in the league was getting outscored by average WR's because the latter got 1 pt for touches and he got none...

Giving QB's a point per completion, which I support, makes them so dominant. We can offset their power a bit by increasing the value of both WR's and RB's.

Oh, and let's seriously consider individual defensive players. I played both ways last year here at Poly and FFZ and found having 3 defensive guys much better - a much needed dimension we missed out on at Poly. I'd like to hear the objections to this since I can't see any downside...
        I think I had Jamal Lewis last year. It wasn't all that great to see him have such monster yardage, yet still not score that many points. A 200 + yard rushing game is exceptional and the points should reflect that.

But I don't like rushing attempts. Some of these guys that get stuffed are still going to rack up points. You have some old school coaches that rush even if the rushing game is not working. They could have 15 rushes for 4 yards. That's not worthy of 7 or 8 points.

I propose lowering rushing yards to 1 pt/10 yards. Rushing in today's NFL isn't that easy. At the very least lower it to 15 and keep receiving at 20.

The only possible side effect is it makes RB's too powerful again. The only complaints I have had have been QB's aren't as important as running backs in our league. I say this because like a dumbass I keep drafting a QB first round . Maybe QB competed receptions will alleviate this enough even if the RB's do get 1pt/10 or 15 yards.

Comment

I like the 1 point per completion and .5 for incomplete.

1 pt/10 yrds for Rushing is good also. If the recievers get the Pt. per catch, then the 1 pt/20 yrds should even out with the Rbs.

Just looking at the other league settings, and I like the points for a block. Have not played with that before.

Comment

I propose lowering rushing yards to 1 pt/10 yards.

I think this is a great idea! Is anyone opposed to it? I want to have a robust debate so everyone can get their views in BEFORE the draft (after which rule changes will be very very very hard to get through).

It would make a 100 yard game worth 10 points instead of 5 in the old system. I think that works well.

The only complaints I have had have been QB's aren't as important as running backs in our league. I say this because like a dumbass I keep drafting a QB first round

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Just looking at the other league settings, and I like the points for a block. Have not played with that before.

Yeah, that is kind of interesting. They do have some wierd stats around .

I wish they had one for Yards After Catch (I'd rather award points for that rather than Total Yards) and one for Drops (to penalize recievers).
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

blocks would be good for tight ends. I would like to place a little more importance on them.

Comment

I also like the 10 points per 10 yards for RBs. It would give the pool more balance.

The 1.0/0.5 per completion/failure is dodgy to me, because it's not always in the hands of the QB. If he throws a perfect pass, but the WR drops it, I don't think the QB should be penalized for it.

Comment

I just registered my team at that Yahoo thingy...

What's Bapay?
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

If he throws a perfect pass, but the WR drops it, I don't think the QB should be penalized for it.

Yes, but if he throws a crap pass and the WR makes an amazing adjustment and catches it, he'll get a point for it .

What's Bapay?

Best Available Player At Yahoo. Basically in the OFFLINE DRAFT (which means we draft on THESE forums and then I input the results) if you take too long (go overtime) you get BAPAY'ed.

Comment

Yes, but if he throws a crap pass and the WR makes an amazing adjustment and catches it, he'll get a point for it .
                        Truesay, but I still think it's dodgy.

Comment

So what's the deal with the draft? We aren't using that order that's up there are we?

Seeing as the league creator is #1 and I'm last, I don't like it

Comment

So what's the deal with the draft? We aren't using that order that's up there are we?

No. Up where, btw?

Comment

if you click on All league tools then click on draft results.

but if we are doing an offline draft it doesn't matter anyways

Comment

We have twelve people in the league now, which is really the highest we should go.

If people are still interested, they should show it. We can always open up a second league.

Comment

Working...
                                X