[/quote]QB
    RB
    RB
    WR
    WR
    RB/WR
    TE
    K[/quote]

I'd rather it were just a WR as opposed to a RB, with regard to the RB/WR option. Slightly more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Ok, now for comments. FFZ does their league by having each passing completion count as 1 point. That makes QBs more valuable. I like that rule. We can make it count as half a point of whatever if you think that is too much. Same for receptions, which I thought 0.5 points was good for that, but I made it back to 1 point again.
      1/2 point sounds good

Comment

I don't like too many flex positions.

A fullback position would be cool. But so many teams don't use them much anymore. And scoring has always been low. But Tight Ends still get a lot of use, and they should be a position, not a flex.

QB
        RB
        WR
        WR
        TE
        K
        Flex (RB/WR/TE)

Team Defense

That actually looks a bit light. But that's a minimum. And I don't want strange stuff like 2 QB's.

Comment

I say:

QB
          RB x2
          WR x3 (Gotta love 'zona like 3 WR sets )
          TE
          K
          Defence

Comment

How much is a QB throwing TD going to be worth? 3, 4 or 6?

Usually it is 6 points, since it is a TD throwing. As for scoring values, I like the idea of completions being 0.5 or 1 point (more leaning to 0.5 actually), but I don't think Rushing attempts should count. We don't want to make RBs MORE powerful than they already are .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Still room?

PM sent, Imran.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I was at my work, so I didn't have any opportunity to post. I still have the site in the sense that I still have the domain and a new one as well now, but I'm going to completely rebuild it. However, Poly seems stable now, so I don't think we'll need it.

Originally posted by Berzerker
                QB
                RB
                RB
                WR
                WR
                RB/WR
                TE
                K

Def
                Def
                Def

6 bench
                I like the extra flex player, but if starting teams are going to be so big, then there should be more room for bench players.
                This would lead to a longer draft, which is no problem for me, but for some it could mean...

BAPAY!!!!!

Comment

I'm in obviously....but I know it will be veeery difficult to for-peat (repeat for the fourth time...I won my league the two previous years too, even if it was not Apolyton)

Comment

I like the idea of completions being 0.5 or 1 point (more leaning to 0.5 actually), but I don't think Rushing attempts should count. We don't want to make RBs MORE powerful than they already are .
                    The RB's who have power catch alot of passes (did you pray today ). Imagine a common performance from a heavy duty RB, 25 rushes for 95 yards with maybe 1 catch and no TD's. Maybe 5 points for the guy who really controls the game. Compare him with the WR who catches 3 passes for 40 yards - 5 points. Who was more important? Now, maybe a 1/2 per rush is too much. I don't know if we can go with 1/4 point per rush (or even 1/2 for that matter, this may be moot). But if we can give RB's some kind of bonus for rushing attempts it would help even them out with receivers. Maybe we could give RB's 1 point per 10 yds rushing

Anyway, I'm not that attached to the idea. But I did notice last year how even 2nd and 3rd string WR's typically outscored all but the elite RB's who made a bunch of catches. Consider Jamal Lewis' performance last year, but he didn't have many catches, so the best RB in the league was getting outscored by average WR's because the latter got 1 pt for touches and he got none...

Giving QB's a point per completion, which I support, makes them so dominant. We can offset their power a bit by increasing the value of both WR's and RB's.

Oh, and let's seriously consider individual defensive players. I played both ways last year here at Poly and FFZ and found having 3 defensive guys much better - a much needed dimension we missed out on at Poly. I'd like to hear the objections to this since I can't see any downside...

Comment

However, Poly seems stable now, so I don't think we'll need it.

Just in case, you know?

--

Oh and some discussion on points for RB rushes.. PLEASE.

I'm against individual defensive players. Defensive players individually is very touch-and-go. Since they don't have the ball in their hands, its very spotty what they'll do. You can be relatively sure that a QB or RB or WR will do good or bad against a certain D. However, you have no clue how an individual defender will do.

Last year was the first time I played with Defensive teams, and I LOVED it! I would consider going to back to individual players to be a step back. HUGE step back.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

If the QB gets a pt per completion AND the WR gets a pt per reception, how can you NOT award a point per rush attempt to the RB???

Makes no sense.

Sending PM, Imram.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Because a completion and catch are things which require actual skill. Giving the RB a point per ATTEMPT is akin to giving the QB a point per PASSING ATTEMPT, which I think is utterly foolish.

Though I wouldn't be totally adverse to a 0.25 point per rush attempt, I'd prefer maybe given a RB 1 point for every 10 yards or so, rather than 25.

Comment

For some RBs that could be 20 to 30 points a game, while the WRs usually don't get above 10. QBs completions are a different animal. I could see .5 for that. But I would also think you would want penalize for INTs.

I don't think I would like individual Defensive players. But I also never played in a league like that. Defensive teams are fun, and it seems like each year, there is one team you would never expect being the best fantasy Def team.

Comment

In terms of the RB's effect on a game being undervalued, I just think Berz has a good point. For instance, rushing success on a tough 3rd and short is critical, and there's no payoff here. But if you through a short slot/screen pass (with a very high chance of success), 2 points (QB and receiver). Hm, maybe 0.25 pt per attempt, with a heavy penalty for fumbles? Or maybe track 1st downs rushing by a player?

Just musing here... I've never played fantasy FB before so it's all a big whatever to me.

BTW, got your email and signed in, Imram.

Team Name = Cute Little Bunnies

...and it says I'm playing Sloww the first week.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You know, I was thinking. We could give a QB one point per completion, but also take away, say 0.5 points, per incomplete pass. After all, it's completion percentage that is important, but the reason to add points for completions is to make QBs more attractive.

Comment

Working...
                                X