Apolyton Fantasy Football!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Fantasy Football!!

Another year of Poly Fantasy Football has begun and we are ready to start drafting! It should be a great time for all!

If you want IN, PM me (the Commish) and give me your email address so I can send you an invite from the league.

Here are some rules we have to decide on (preliminary choices in bold):

Maximum teams in league: 4567891011121314151617181920

Type of scoring: Head-to-HeadPoints Only

Maximum player acquisitions for entire season: No maximumNo player acquisitions allowed1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 2728293031323334353637383940

Maximum trades for entire season: No maximumNo trades allowed1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 2728293031323334353637383940

Time managers have to protest pending trades: 0 days1 day2 days3 days4 days5 days6 days7 days

Last date to trade player: No trade deadlineNovember 5, 2004November 12, 2004November 19, 2004November 26, 2004December 3, 2004

Time players are on waivers: No waivers1 day2 days3 days4 days5 days6 days7 days

Can't Cut list provider? NoneYahoo! Sports Details

Trades reviewed by: League VotesCommissioner Details

After draft, make all unowned players: Free AgentsFollow Waiver Rules

Start League scoring in: Week 1 (Sep 9)Week 2 (Sep 14)Week 3 (Sep 21)Week 4 (Sep 28)Week 5 (Oct 5)Week 6 (Oct 12)Week 7 (Oct 19)Week 8 (Oct 26)Week 9 (Nov 2)Week 10 (Nov 9)Week 11 (Nov 16)Week 12 (Nov 23)Week 13 (Nov 30)Week 14 (Dec 7)Week 15 (Dec 14)Week 16 (Dec 21)Week 17 (Dec 28)

Only apply in Head-to-Head leagues
    Playoff Weeks: NoneWeek 15 and 16 (4 teams)Week 16 and 17 (4 teams)Week 14, 15 and 16 (8 teams)Week 15, 16 and 17 (8 teams)
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Possible Stat Catagories (Bold are the ones I have right now):

Passing Touchdowns (Pass TD)
    Interceptions (Int)

Passing Attempts (Pass Att)
    Completions (Comp)
    Incomplete Passes (Inc)
    Sacks (Sack)
    Passing Yards (Pass Yds)

Rushing Touchdowns (Rush TD)
    Rushing Attempts (Rush Att)
    Rushing Yards (Rush Yds)

Reception Touchdowns (Rec TD)
    Receptions (Rec)
    Reception Yards (Rec Yds)

Return Touchdowns (Ret TD)
    Return Yards (Ret Yds)
    Offensive Fumble Return TD (Fum Ret TD)

2-Point Conversions (2-PT)
    Fumbles (Fum)
    Fumbles Lost (Fum Lost)

Field Goal (FG)
    Missed Field Goal (FGM)
    Point After Attempt Made (PAT Made)
    Point After Attempt Missed (PAT Miss)

Points Allowed (Pts Allow)
    Sack (Sack)
    Interception (Int)
    Fumble Recovery (Fum Rec)
    Touchdown (TD)
    Safety (Safe)
    Block Kick (Blk Kick)

Return Yards (Ret Yds)
    Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (Kick and Punt Ret TD)

OH, and every point catagory has a different modifier. I also added fractional points. So if you only get 1 yard rushing (say), you'll get 1/20th of a point instead of nothing.

EDIT: Almost forgot:

Quarterback (QB): 012345

Wide Receiver (WR): 01234567

Running Back (RB): 01234567

Tight End (TE): 012345

Wide Receiver/Tight End (WR/TE): 012345

Wide Receiver/Running Back (WR/RB): 012345

Kicker (K): 0123

Defensive Team (DEF): 0123

Defensive Player (D): 01234567

Defensive Back (DB): 012345

Defensive Lineman (DL): 012345

Bench (BN): 01234567891011121314151617181920
    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; July 7, 2004, 14:36.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Ok, now for comments. FFZ does their league by having each passing completion count as 1 point. That makes QBs more valuable. I like that rule. We can make it count as half a point of whatever if you think that is too much. Same for receptions, which I thought 0.5 points was good for that, but I made it back to 1 point again.

Comment

Some suggestions...

-- Push back the trade deadline a week. I know that's right around when it would normally end, but remember that the international thing in Greece is pushing the start of the season back a week.

-- Count return yards at a 50 yards per point rate (offensive side only). That makes things a bit more interesting when it comes to draft strategy. It also makes second and third-tier WRs and RBs more valuable.

-- Seven bench players instead of six, or one flex player (WR/RB, obviously). That would give us fifteen total players to a roster and fifteen drafting rounds (instead of fourteen). I like more nornal numbers.

And obviously, I am in.
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

The season is being pushed back for the Olympics? Really? Wow.

I like your suggestions... I'm not going to officially change anything now. I'll wait until we get the thing close to full and see if anyone has a problem (I doubt they will).

And if you are in, PM me your email address so I can send a Yahoo league mail to you .

Comment

The season is being pushed back for the Olympics? Really? Wow.
            Yup... there are actually going to be regular season games in January, and the Super Bowl is actually officially scheduled for the first Sunday in February.

And if you are in, PM me your email address so I can send a Yahoo league mail to you .
            Done. I'm going to find a good Dragonhawk logo this time if it kills me!
            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Sent. And there are some fun looking helmets this time.

Btw, wasn't the Superbowl in the first Sunday of February this LAST year?

Comment

I'd like to play this year...

Side note: What's up with FFZ, has it been down lately?
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Yes... apparently Bloomy forget to renew the domain name. At least that is what Chris tells me .

Oh, and welcome to the league .

Comment

I like the return idea, but what about YACs? Is that figured into the Reception Yards? I'm new to how Yahoo manages things.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Well YAC is always factored into Reception Yards. Reception yards are YAC and YBC (yards before catch) together.

Comment

Thanks for the PM, Imran

Coincidentally, I started working on my cheat sheet yesterday night, so I'm in of course.

Here are my suggestions for the settings:
                        - Drop the trade deadline entirely; and
                        - Drop the "can't cut"-list.

Can we have more flex players? I looked at the season sked, and it's not very fantasy friendly. How about having a WR + WR/TE combination instead of 2*WR, and RB + RB/WR instead of 2*RB?

Comment

Yay!

Just PM me your email addy.

And I think we should have SOME trade deadline. Don't like to see people dump players at the end of the year to beat someone or something.

As for the Flex stuff. I'd perfer one flex position. I wouldn't want like 5 WR on a week or something. At least 2 RB. Perhaps we can do WR + WR/TE.

Comment

Btw, you still have that website .

hehe...

Comment

Count me in, and you have email address already.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X