Iraqi Transfer of Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vichy France
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Xeones
      What about the flag? Do you all remember the announcement of the New and Improved Iraqi flag? Y'know? The one that looked somewhat like the Isreali flag?

Well in all the photos I see of the turnover ceremony, they're standing in front of rows of Saddam's Iraqi Flag! Ack! I guess the new sovereign govt made their first choice?
      You need to start reading the news more carefully. The other flag was only a proposed flag that was put forward by one member of the Iraqi Governing Council. All of the IGC would have had to unanously voted for it in order for the flag to change. Since that never would have happened it was stupid to even propose a flag change to begin with.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Case
        Hey, call me crazy, but hasn't Iraq been under martial law for about 15 months now? It doesn't seem to be working very well.
        Really? It has? You must have some extra secret information because in nearly seven months of being here in Iraq I've never seen nor head about martial law being in place.

(Even through most of the occupation the police and ICDC [National Guard] have made up the majority of the security forces and everyone has had a right to trial. Martial Law would/could mean the suspension of the right to trail.)

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

Why are you addressing me with this? Seems like for the most part, you and I already agree.
          It was not addressed to you:

To MrFun some assumes i am carrying out the act of MrFunning.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
            i doubt you realize you're a smal minority in the world who DOESNT believe it was about oil.
            Paiktis: Let's assume for one second that you are right and that the US/UK only cares about the oil and nothing else. By fighting a war and paying for reconstruction we are well over $1 trillion in costs already. If all we cared about is getting as much oil at the lowest cost possible then wouldn't we have simply bought the oil from Saddam? He would have gladely sold it because Iraq has nothing else to sell.

The very fact that we didn't do that says that there were other factors and considerations at work here then just the simple desire for oil which we could have bought any way.

Comment

• By fighting a war and paying for reconstruction we are well over $1 trillion in costs already.
              Much of which was paid to US companies and the rest to military suppliers. Gotta love that corporate welfare!!!

Stay safe Oerdin: I don't want to see you die to benefit the pigs.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I am sorry, but in no way are we over 1 Trillion. We are not even up to 400 billion yet.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• The idea that it was about oil is ridiculous.
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You keep telling yourself that, Teddie.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• You keep telling yourself that, MrGay.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
                        The idea that it was about oil is ridiculous.
                        Sure it is Ted
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• not

In that case we should invade Venzuela, Saudi Arabia, and Mexico.

Comment

• And what you geniuses are forgetting is that:

1) The US gets most of it's oil from South America
                            2) The US is signing deals with former Soviet nations to secure new oil supplies. This is a plan to circumvent the entire middle east.

Get educated

Comment

• Such deep analysis, Ted.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Such a deep response, Urban Ranger.

Comment

Working...
                                X