X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No words are sufficient, Ogie

Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."

My deepest sympathies.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Ogie,

I'm so sorry.

This happened in my family three times, and the last one sticks in my mind as the saddest event of my childhood. Like your daughter my little brother was coming along very nicely before he was lost. Unlike you we didn't acknowledge it very well and the months following were very difficult for us as we all suffered individually the loss that we should have suffered together. I know it isn't easy for you, and won't be. But I am happy to hear that you are taking the steps to deal with this grief in the best way that you can.

Brother, if there was some way I could hug you through the internet....
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• My thoughts are with you and your family. A very difficult time that you are handling with grace and thoughtfulness.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• I felt like crying when I read that Ogie.
            Last edited by Sir Og; June 11, 2004, 11:15.
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

• My wife and I have six kids. However, numbers 2, 5, and 6 had twins that were lost (the most recent last year when she was 38). We didn't give up and we love the ones we are blessed with. Words cannot describe the feeling...

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• My tears won't help you but I shed them anyway. I feel for you, your wife and your daughter.
                Clash of Civilization team member
                (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Nothing we could say or do will lessen the grief all this means. I hope you find comfort within you and your family through time and faith.
                  Wishing for strenght..receive my condolences.
                  C.
                  Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Comment

• My Condolences Ogie

Comment

• Again my thanks to all here.

Your well wishes are appreciated.

Today marks my first foray back to work so for me I will return to a normality of sorts. My wife will be taking a full 6 week recovery time for delivery. Hopefully the daily breakdowns will lessen as the grieving process continues. She feels some guilt as she thinks there was something/anything she might have done to prevent it. I keep telling her otherwise but hopefully with time.....

Again I wish to thank each and everyone of you for your kind thoughts.
                      Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe; June 14, 2004, 09:07.
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Don't blame or second guess yourselves. And don't give up.
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• The process of delivering a baby is hard enough on a woman at the best of times. It can be easy to see how hard the physical part is but sometimes there seems to be an emotional aspect (post natal depression or whatever) that is just as hard, or harder.

My heart goes out to all who have the grief and the emotional turmoil of a still birth to cope with on top. Particularly to your wife, Ogie.

At least she has you to comfort her.

Comment

• Sorry.

Comment

• Hey man.

I've just noticed this thread...

I'm so sorry for you.

I can't offer anything to help, besides my deepest regret and sympathy for you and your entire family.

I hope Madison will get the opporunity she wanted to be a perfect and loving elder sister.

I am sure Madison and her future siblings will get warm loving and gracious parents.

May you suffer no more.

*hug*

Comment

• Ogie, one thing that has shone through all of your posts:

You have an absolute treasure in Madison.

Not that you needed me to point it out, but hopefully it will help knowing that even the goons from the OT notice it.
                                Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                                X