No announcement yet.

Iran promises retaliation if Israel attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next time you're mugged, reconsider your answer.
    that's okay, I don't leave the house much.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well, the US could at least conduct a massive air campaign, destroying anything remotely resembling a military.

Cause we did that in Iraq! Oh, wait.....

Come one, this one is not even imaginative.

oh please... Iran couldn't do jack****... where's their Navy? US forces are already in control of that region.

Well, they do have four modern diesel attack subs. More importantly, they don;t need much of a navy to make the Straits of Hormuz a mess

good... that would spark demand for more fuel-efficient vehicles. And all the SUV owners would be suffering... sounds good to me

RIIIIGHT....keep telling yourself that.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
        Cause we did that in Iraq! Oh, wait.....
        YES SADDAMS MIGHTY TANKS AND AIRPLANES HAVE DEFEATED THE AMERICANS!

Well, they do have four modern diesel attack subs. More importantly, they don;t need much of a navy to make the Straits of Hormuz a mess
        four WHOLE subs? that would take the Navy... what... 15 minutes to destroy?

RIIIIGHT....keep telling yourself that.
        it happened after '73
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, you don't remember the tanker war of the mid 80s.

Over 100 tankers were attacked in 1 year alone.

Come to think of it, that period was the last big peak for oil prices... so add that situation into the current one and you've got an even bigger mess.
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy
            Sava, you don't remember the tanker war of the mid 80s.

Over 100 tankers were attacked in 1 year alone.

Come to think of it, that period was the last big peak for oil prices... so add that situation into the current one and you've got an even bigger mess.
            I don't doubt it would be a mess... but I can guarantee that Iran's "Navy" would be toast if it messed with America.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              I don't doubt it would be a mess... but I can guarantee that Iran's "Navy" would be toast if it messed with America.
              But the object of this thread isn't Iran messing with America. It's Israel messing with Iran, and the likely consequences.

You want more martyrs? Fine. Just be prepared for the gas price to go up and the coffins to be flown home.

And, when the US has failed to change the Iranian regime, lost it's foothold in Iraq, turned the whole Middle East into one big anti-western block buying every gun, bomb and missile that China and NK can make...

...don't say you were not warned about it.
              Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
              "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy
                But the object of this thread isn't Iran messing with America. It's Israel messing with Iran, and the likely consequences.

You want more martyrs? Fine. Just be prepared for the gas price to go up and the coffins to be flown home.

And, when the US has failed to change the Iranian regime, lost it's foothold in Iraq, turned the whole Middle East into one big anti-western block buying every gun, bomb and missile that China and NK can make...

...don't say you were not warned about it.
                I think I should point out that I don't WANT the US to attack Iran... I'm just being realistic about what would happen if Iran attacked Israel. The US would get involved I think. It would play right into Bush's hands because I know he and his neo-con buddies want to invade every MidEast nation and try to make them democracies.

For the record, I think the US shouldn't help out Israel if it starts a war with Iran.

But... make no mistake, Iran would be on the losing end of any conflict with either Israel or the US.

Somehow I think rockets from Tehran landing in Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem would inflame the Western World. I envision a post-SaddaminvasionofKuwait situation where a US-led Coalition (a real one, not the fake one Bush has now) strikes back at Iran.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

YES SADDAMS MIGHTY TANKS AND AIRPLANES HAVE DEFEATED THE AMERICANS!
                  NO, they didn't. The point is that it was America's TANKS and GROUNDTROOPS, NOT the airforces that beat Saddam twice. Hence your point, that an airwar alone is enough, is WRONG. In fact, we can go with the whole SERBIA example for you...something you barely ever even mention...

four WHOLE subs? that would take the Navy... what... 15 minutes to destroy?

A bit more, actually, it will depend on when we find them.

it happened after '73
                  sadly the situation on the ground is no longer the same.

Comment

Iran has silkworm missiles, which the U.S. Navy was worried about some twenty years ago. Dunno if they still are.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Shocking news! If one country unilaterally attacks another, the country being attacked may retaliate!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

NO, they didn't. The point is that it was America's TANKS and GROUNDTROOPS, NOT the airforces that beat Saddam twice. Hence your point, that an airwar alone is enough, is WRONG. In fact, we can go with the whole SERBIA example for you...something you barely ever even mention...
                        I'm not talking about gaining control of Iran on the ground or occupying it... an air war would be more than enough to punish Iran. All of their conventional equipment (tanks, planes) could be targeted, any command and control facilities, anti-air/radar sites, power plants, industrial facilities... all of it could be turned into rubble which would undoubtly leave Iran screwed.

I'm not here arguing that this SHOULD be the course of action... I'm merely stating what I believe what would happen if Iran decided to go to the next level. For a normally sharp guy Gepap, you seem to be lost in the dark on this one.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Now I remember who I have on ignore.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Iran would retaliate if Israel attacked?
                            How anti-semite....Doesn't Iran know what Israelis suffered during the holocaust?
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I hope Iran kills Putin.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I'm not talking about gaining control of Iran on the ground or occupying it... an air war would be more than enough to punish Iran. All of their conventional equipment (tanks, planes) could be targeted, any command and control facilities, anti-air/radar sites, power plants, industrial facilities... all of it could be turned into rubble which would undoubtly leave Iran screwed.

I'm not here arguing that this SHOULD be the course of action... I'm merely stating what I believe what would happen if Iran decided to go to the next level. For a normally sharp guy Gepap, you seem to be lost in the dark on this one.

Hello! Do you rember Serbia? We bombed Serbia for 70 days plus trying to get them to give in- in those 70 days we failed. Most of their equipment was not destroyed, nor command and control. Whic is what you claim we can do.

The effectiveness of the campaign you believe us capable of can only come based on the amount of intelligence we have- decoy tanks, or placing vehicles in strcutures and such deceptions work. All the Iranians have to do is move vehicles to areas in which stuff can be hidden easily (much like the serbs stuck tanks in rail tunnels), and if we can;t see it, we can;t hit it. C3 is even easier to move, just move it into civilian buildings, or unknown underground bunkers, so forth.

As for attacks on civilian infrastructure-that is another level issue. But of course, the political fallout from doing something so monumentally stupid as to attack the civlian and economic infrastructure of another sovereing state by us is such that it would rule out such an action from the get go.

Comment

Working...
                                X