Troy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troy

Anybody seen the "Troy" movie yet? Is it good or bad? Opinions please, but think of using the spoiler tags in case you want to reveal something surprising from the storyline (for example that Achill survived because they wanted a happy end )
    Blah

I have HORRIFIC memories of reading the Iliad. Such a LONG poem...

No, haven't seen it, would probably have flashbacks to my childhood if I did.
    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Going to watch it with my latin class in a while...
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

It comes out next friday here in the US.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Oh, I thought it is already released in the US. They have listed it since yesterday here, but I don't have time to watch it in the next days....
          Blah

Comment

I keep hearing May 14th as the release date.

Comment

I'm interested in this, too. Advertisements look good.
              Of course, the lying advertisement bastards can make anything look good.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I loved the Iliad. One of my all-time favorite works.

I've seen the promos for Troy, and I have mixed feelings. While I have high hopes considering it's Wolfgang Petersen, the promos all show a movie that looks way over produced and over acted.

"IS THERE NO ONE ELSE?!!!!!! IS THERE NO ONE ELSE?!!!!"

Ugh.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Brad Pitt as Achilles is just sad- I don;t know much about Bana, so I have no clue about his Hector. Bloom as Paris? Well, Paris is a schmuck anyways.

I forget who does Agamenon, and I wonder about who will play Patroculous, or whatever Achilles best buddy's name was.

Comment

BTW, who'll play Odysseus?
                    Blah

Comment

Brian Cox is Agamemnon, so his character is in safe hands. Cox is an amazing actor And Brendan Gleeson is Meneleus, which is a good choice as well.

Garrett Hedlund is Patroclus. He's an unknown.

And Sean Bean is Odysseus. Another safe bet to be a good performance.

I'm surprised at Peter O'Toole playing Priam. I never pictured Priam being that old, and I thought O'Toole was in such bad health that making movies wasn't possible anymore. Good to see him still in the game.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I share GePap's view about Pitt as Achilles, but those are good names.
                        Blah

Comment

So when do we see Bean as Odysseus in The Odyssey?

Comment

I guess only if "Troy" makes enough money
                            Blah

Comment

Or how about Cox in the title role of Agamemnon? Or a movie of Electra?
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X