No announcement yet.

Republicans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But he may take it as a sign of encouragment!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The explanation may lie in the fact that the evangelicals won't be friends with him.
      Has he tried approaching an evangelical to be friends with him?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I wasn't aware abortions occured in the bedroom, so I can only think of your answer as a nonsequiter.
        I think the point here was obviously referring to the GOP's penchant for trying to dicate people's sexual mores through support of anti-sodomy laws and the like.
        Restrictions on abortion have nothing to do with regulating sexual conduct.

After all, didn't Clinton say that they ought to be rare?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Re: Re: Republicans

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
          "If you're fiscally responsible, this is not your party."

As opposed to the party that talks about fiscal responsibility while at the same time argues for even more big government spending programs without sufficently raising taxes to cover it.
          wait wait wait. bush talked about fiscal responsibility hand HE HAS GONE AGAINST THAT COMPLETELY! Bush has expanded government while lowering taxes. youre just pissing in the wind
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
            Restrictions on abortion have nothing to do with regulating sexual conduct.
            Umm, that was exactly my point. The author wasn't referring to abortions, so Shi's "rebuttal" was irrelevant to the point being expressed.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Has he tried approaching an evangelical to be friends with him?
              You and MrFun can almost compete for awards in humorlessness.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                What norm? 50% of people are not involved at all. You can;t call what 28% of the people who actually voted republican last time want as "the norm".

Stupid two party dictatorship.
                The 50% who can't be bothered to get involved don't count.

Seriously.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

i should have read boris' replies. seriously though shi, youre supporting liars who tell you what want to believe than people who go against what you believe. sadly everything you say youre against besides abortion, and dictating homosexual's lives, are lies by the republicans
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Boris, Ben doesn't go around calling himself "MrFun", so he get somewhat of a pass for that .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Being superserious can be funny...

Which is what I was trying to do.

Comment

so Shi's "rebuttal" was irrelevant to the point being expressed.
                        The point being why one would want to support the republican party over the democrats?

I think Shi had an excellent rebuttal, and you're just dodging the issue.

If you believe that unborn children are persons, a progressive view, the dems have very little sustenance.

Edit:

Point still well taken, because the Dems argue that regulating abortion is akin to regulating sexual conduct.

So you are in disagreement with the Dems, Boris.

Comment

The point being why one would want to support the republican party over the democrats?
                          Why again is it Democrats or nothing? False dichotomy. Nowhere did the author mention Democrats, and neither did Che.

I think Shi had an excellent rebuttal, and you're just dodging the issue.

If you believe that unborn children are persons, a progressive view, the dems have very little sustenance.
                          "Excellent rebuttals" don't use strawmen. Wilson's quote didn't mention abortion, it was not referring to abortion. So I can only think the rebuttal is a dodge that seeks to gloss over Wilson's criticism of the Republicans by saying "Well, the Dems are bad, too!" It utterly fails to address the point.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Point still well taken, because the Dems argue that regulating abortion is akin to regulating sexual conduct.
                            No, they don't. I've never read any such equation, other than in the very general sense of one having dominion over one's body. That does not have anything to do with "bedrooms."

Secondly, what the Dems argue is irrelevant, because, for the upteenth time, Wilson is NOT a Democrat and is NOT writing on behalf of Democrats. Bringing up what Democrats believe is nothing but a strawman dodge of the points.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

False dichotomy. Nowhere did the author mention Democrats, and neither did Che.
                              Fair enough.

"Excellent rebuttals" don't use strawmen.
                              So dragging out a strawman that the state should have a place in the bedrooms of the nation is a good argument?

It's a strawman of the position of the Republican party.

Wilson's quote didn't mention abortion, it was not referring to abortion.
                              Yes it does, implicitly.

No, they don't. I've never read any such equation, other than in the very general sense of one having dominion over one's body. That does not have anything to do with "bedrooms."
                              Sure they do. That's how we got into this mess, at least with Trudeau. Trudeau put abortions in the bedrooms, and argued that in liberalising sexual conduct also applies to abortions.

You are ignoring the history of the abortion movement in trying to seperate the two. Saying that the state has no place in the bedrooms of the nation has become standard dogma for the Democrat party.

Do they apply this to abortion? Yes. Becuase they see abortions as being part of reproductive rights, and also about controlling your body. Everything is bundled together in one neat passage.

Comment

Re: Republicans

If you're fiscally responsible, this is not your party. If you believe in a moderate foreign policy characterized by alliances, free trade and the ability to operate in an international environment, this is not your party. If you believe in limited federal government, this is not your party. If you believe that the government should stay out of your bedroom, this is very definitely not your party. In fact, I would argue that unless you believe in the American imperium, imposed on the world by force, or unless you believe in the literal interpretation of the Book of Revelations, this is not your party.

But the Democrats are WAY WAY worse.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Boris, Ben doesn't go around calling himself "MrFun", so he get somewhat of a pass for that .
                                Yeah, what's with that? Is MrFun's name simply a general statement of sarcasm? I mean his posts aren't fun or funny at all..............

Comment

Working...
                                X