No announcement yet.

Best original TV theme ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh how could I forgot the Knighrider! I used to sing that tune at elementary school all the time. Maybe I was like 8 or 9. Everyones favourite show that was....

also mission impossible was huge here when it got here at the time.. and that tune is legendary, of course.

Then I should mention Batman.

nananananananananananananananana BATMAAAAAN! BATMAAAAAAN! nananannanana.. truly a great theme.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Another vote for Hawaii Five-O.
      A lot of other good one have been mentioned. MI, HH.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

also Pink Panther

and Maxwell Smart...................
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch
          However, I recall from my youth that The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air had the all time best theme song.

I can still sing it years later.

"West Philadelphia, born and raised, on the playground where i spent most of my days. Chilling out back and relaxing out cool and shooting some b-ball outside of school, when a couple of guys, who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, she said you're moving in with your auntie and uncle in bel air. She called for a cab and when it came near i saw the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror, if anything i could say this cab is rare, but somethin home to bel air. A cab pulled up around 7 or 8 and i yelled to the cabbie, yo hommes, smell ya later, i looked at my kingdom i was finally there, sit on my throne, i'm the prince of bel air."

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
            Dr Who.

-Jam
            Although I'm almost obliged to say I agree, for lyrics you can't beat Red Dwarf.

Its cold outside,
            There's no kind of atmosphere,
            I'm all alone,
            More or less.
            Let me fly,
            Far away from here,
            Fun, fun, fun,
            In the sun, sun, sun.

I want to lie,
            Shipwrecked and comotoase,
            Drinking fresh,
            Mango juice,
            Goldfish shoals,
            Nibbling at my toes,
            Fun, fun, fun,
            In the sun, sun, sun,
            Fun, fun, fun,
            In the sun, sun, sun.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Galactica!

And X-Files.

Law and Order had originally very good theme, but they changed the instruments later on, which was a bad move.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

And Pokemon!

But Quantum Leap is the Greatest.
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I just thought of another of my favourites: the theme to 'In Search Of...' an old Leonard Nimoy hosted mystery show.
                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

Never thought about it that way but you appear to be mostly correct. However, do you recall the spinoff where he had his own show? Didn't last long but I heard it was pretty violent.
                  Yeah, I watched that. It wasn't half bad.

But I came to the view long ago that DOH was some executive's way of making fun of Southerners without being caught. The fact that Southerners loved it must have made him laugh even harder.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best original TV theme ever.

Originally posted by JohnT

Man, that's harsh!
                    Harsh? Yes.

Deserving? Also yes.

[comic shop guy]Worst. Theme song. Ever.[/csg]
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

fresh prince, and nice one IW, bucky o'hare was amazing
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Did I miss it or has no one mentioned Starsky & Hutch? (The Tom Scott version for preference)

Comment

Morse
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

McGuyver
                            Stargate SG-1
                            Airwolf

Those 3 have pretty awesome tv themes.
                            'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                            G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

GET SMART
                              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                              Drake Tungsten
                              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                              Albert Speer

Comment

Anyone not stirred by the theme to "Black Beauty" is lacking either a heart or ears.
                                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                                X