No announcement yet.

Iraq, Shiite Armageddon, the Mahdi Army, chaos theory and the Hidden Imam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fez, you have the moral equivalency of a highway robber.

Comment

everything ends in facism for fez.

"a light burned out in the kitchen"
      fez: "we need to declare martial law while the terrorist lightbulb is "replaced". Set up an army ASAP "
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
        everything ends in facism for fez.

"a light burned out in the kitchen"
        fez: "we need to declare martial law while the terrorist lightbulb is "replaced". Set up an army ASAP "
        The greatest leader in the middle east was Habib Bourguiba. His style of rule must be replicated in every country throughout the middle east. And ask yourself this, if I am so fascist, why am I naming a style of rule that pursues unprecendented rights for women? Who cares about islamic fundamentalism, they are better off dead because they mean nothing good for the country.

Tripledoc, quit talking about yourself. You don't have any morals. You are the one who is in love with the illegal insurrection in Iraq.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Tripledoc, quit talking about yourself. You don't have any morals. You are the one who is in love with the illegal insurrection in Iraq.
          Can you point out exactly how the 'insurrection' is illegal?
          Levee en masse falls under the protection of the Geneva convention.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripledoc

Can you point out exactly how the 'insurrection' is illegal?
            Levee en masse falls under the protection of the Geneva convention.
            It is against the Iraqi people and is not supported by a majority. It is illegal, as like the insurrection in Colombia.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

It is against the Iraqi people and is not supported by a majority. It is illegal, as like the insurrection in Colombia.
              So the minute the 'insurrection' is supported by the majority, then you will support it?

Comment

The Levée en Masse, August 23, 1793

In response to the dangers of foreign war, the Committee of public safety established a mass conscription (Levée en Masse) and succeeded in training an army of about 800,000 soldiers in less than a year. This was much larger than any army available to other European states, and laid the basis for Napoleon's domination of Europe. In addition to bringing out the creativity of the Committee of Public Safety, the Levée en Masse represents a turning point in the history of warfare. From now on, war was to become "total" involving all elements of the population, and all the reserves of the state.

1. From this moment until that in which the enemy shall have been driven from the soil of the Republic, all Frenchmen are in permanent requisition for the service of the armies. The young men shall go to battle; the married men shall forge arms and transport provisions; the women shall make tents and clothing and shall serve in the hospitals; the children shall turn old linen into lint; the aged shall betake themselves to the public places in order to arouse the courage of the warriors and preach the hatred of kings and the unity of the Republic.
                2. The national buildings shall be converted into barracks, the public places into workshops for arms, the soil of the cellars shall be washed in order to extract therefrom the saltpeter.
                3. The arms of the regulation caliber shall be reserved exclusively for those who shall march against the enemy; the service of the interior shall be performed with hunting pieces and side arms.
                4. The saddle horses are put into requisition to complete the cavalry corps the draft horses, other than those employed in agriculture, shall convey the artillery and the provisions.
                5. The Committee of Public Safety is charged to take all necessary measures to set up without delay an extraordinary manufacture of arms of every sort which corresponds with the ardor and energy of the French people. It is, accordingly, authorized to form all the establishments, factories, workshops, and mills which shall be deemed necessary for the carrying on of these works, as well as to put in requisition, within the entire extent of the Republic, the artists and workingmen who can contribute to their success.
                6. The representatives of the people sent out for the execution of the present law shall have the same authority in their respective districts, acting in concert with the Committee of Public Safety; they are invested with the unlimited powers assigned to the representatives of the people to the armies.
                7. Nobody can get himself replaced in the service for which he shall have been requisitioned. The public functionaries shall remain at their posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripledoc

So the minute the 'insurrection' is supported by the majority, then you will support it?
                  Perhaps. Depends on the situation. In the case of Cuba, Batista is far better than Castro.

Comment

But if we listen to the left, more will die becuase it will end up in a disaster.
                    Can you explain this belief in greater detail?
                    the good reverend

Comment

• Originally posted by Kropotkin
                      When, in april of 2003, did the iraqi people (and with 'people' I mean the wast majority of the country's population, not some bolshevik avante garde) say they would give the coalition twelve months? I must have missed that...
                      Exactly.

Chegitz pulling stuff out of a hat again.

By the way the US was/is set to hand over authority June 30.

That's what the rebellion is about so they can keep sabotaging that date.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by rev

Can you explain this belief in greater detail?
                        Well listening to the left, means pulling out of Iraq. Tens of thousands would die. That's against all common logic and is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo

Well listening to the left, means pulling out of Iraq. Tens of thousands would die. That's against all common logic and is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of.
                          Do you really think that anyone influential in the US would give a rats arse if there was a civil war in Iraq. the sanctions cost 100.000s of deaths and no one cared.

The 'evidence ' that a civil war would break out is unsubstantiated to say the least. Sunni and shi'a are working together now. I think their nationalism runs deeper than their religion.

If it is civil war that worries people, I am sure that the Iraqis would accept UN peacekeepers.

Comment

• but as soon as a bombing happens in Spain its all "declare martial law" and **** like that. **** you for trying fez.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Tripledoc

Do you really think that anyone influential in the US would give a rats arse if there was a civil war in Iraq. the sanctions cost 100.000s of deaths and no one cared.
                              Oh please. It already has been provened that Saddam skimmed tens of billions from the oil for food program. Iraq had plenty of money and it wasn't the US's fault they died.

The 'evidence ' that a civil war would break out is unsubstantiated to say the least. Sunni and shi'a are working together now. I think their nationalism runs deeper than their religion.
                              Actually that's crap. Some elements may be working together but Sunni and Shi'ia eventually would fall into dispute and a civil war would break out.

If it is civil war that worries people, I am sure that the Iraqis would accept UN peacekeepers.

The UN?

Keep the UN out of this. They already did a bunch of corruption deals with Saddam, and some lightly armed men would not cut it.

Comment

• It's a shame that this thread has been thoroughly Fezzed.
                                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X