• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Palaiologos
    Is it like this in all of Europe?
    Nope
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever
      Elok, I don't mean to be patronising but you really don't understand the way it operates over here, The Sun is a downmarket rag, everyone knows this- even it's readers. But it can still put governments out of (and into) power over issues that you'd think it's readership would n't give a rats @ss about
      See, this is why you guys are only a third rate power. When unfounded political babble takes a printed form, stupid people have a chance to read it carefully in detail and act on it. You should have bigoted news and radio programs instead, like we do. The mouth-breathers get all hot and bothered during the actual programming, but it gets quickly swept out of their heads by the commercials, and the passion they felt for Poor Wittle Loudmouth Lesbian is transferred mentally to some harmless consumer product, which they then go out and buy. They didn't care about her anyway, and are much happier with the product, so everybody wins.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• It's a nominal sum really. I wouldn't mind paying it if I thought it would do some good to the university, like if the government matched it. I'd rather pay the £2000 extra a year and have the government pay £2000 extra per year too, so our uni's can actually compete with the quality of other countries education. Sure, we don't need the $45000 per year Harvard charges, but something around £10000 per year would be reasonable, rather than the £6000 per year they currently get. How can we compete for the best lecturers and researchers when top American universities get about 4 and a half times more money than ours do? That is why we have a foreign brain drain.

Charging the students £3000 per year (means tested) seems sensible, even going higher to £5000 or so, providing it is linked to need, and there are enough bursaries for universities to judge solely on ability, not financial status, but even that won't fix the funding gap. If we pay more, let the government match it, so we know that we're getting a good education, and that the universities we're going to will be financially viable. Or expect that universities will look to foreign students who pay more, so not accepting as many UK students, and that the best academics will continue to go abroad to teach ordo further study.
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• ok i dont know if someone has said this already but am i the only one that thought this thread was about skanky when the read the topic?
          Bunnies!
          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

• Skanky Burns? Yeah, a few. What, didn't you read the thread?
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Including Skanky himself

Though personally, I wouldn't call Skanky a "Brit Bint", since he's neither British nor female, which is usually a prerequisite for being a bint.
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney
                cheeky gits, i buy the sun everyday and the news of the world on sundays. you get the news, the sport and a pair of tits on page 3, what more do you want?

Tits on page 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,........maybe
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                X