No announcement yet.

Young, fresh, ambitious, in massive debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate grad student instructors as well, luckily I've only had them for intro classes at undergrad.
    Ya, my University was good that way. Its basically an oversized liberal arts school (2,800+ students) with only a few grad students (and none in the Social Sciences so I never saw one in class) so you're not claustrophobically small but at the same time you've got plenty of resources and pretty much all the profs in your department end up knowing exactly who you are, what your thesis is about etc. etc.
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Boshko

Depends what you mean by top. I certainly wouldn't want to go to a huge "top" school and pay good money to get taught by grad students etc...
      Than history class I tookl once the first half of the year than female grad student taught it as the proffor was in the hospital. She was a great teacher knew how to get idears across in a clear simple way in the class room. When the regulate teacher came back he was lousy smell of alcohol on his breach, make dirty sexly joke and remark in the classroom, make passes in a crude manner at female student in the class which huminaith then to no end.
      By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlesBHoff

Than history class I tookl once the first half of the year than female grad student taught it as the proffor was in the hospital. She was a great teacher knew how to get idears across in a clear simple way in the class room. When the regulate teacher came back he was lousy smell of alcohol on his breach, make dirty sexly joke and remark in the classroom, make passes in a crude manner at female student in the class which huminaith then to no end.
        That sounds pretty bad. In university I had lots of profs and only three truely bad ones. All three were visiting profs and I'm sure that the huge mass of negative student feedback led to them not staying any longer (my school's one of the places where good visiting professors stay as long as 16 years if they're well-liked).

Oh wait, I actually did have one grad student. It was my frosh year calc section. Really nice girl who obviously new what she was talking about, but she had a thick enough Chinese accent that I really had to struggle to understand what she was saying. It ended up being easier to teach myself Calculus so I mostly stopped going to class and eneded up doing fine on the tests...
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Depends on the interest rate and length of payment period, you end up paying for multiple houses at the end.
          As opposed to rent which gets you exactly what at the end?
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Boshko

That sounds pretty bad. In university I had lots of profs and only three truely bad ones. All three were visiting profs and I'm sure that the huge mass of negative student feedback led to them not staying any longer (my school's one of the places where good visiting professors stay as long as 16 years if they're well-liked).

Oh wait, I actually did have one grad student. It was my frosh year calc section. Really nice girl who obviously new what she was talking about, but she had a thick enough Chinese accent that I really had to struggle to understand what she was saying. It ended up being easier to teach myself Calculus so I mostly stopped going to class and eneded up doing fine on the tests...
            Wouldnot get rid of proff as he have tensure and it was 1973. He would many time say in fornet of than entire class to than A female student with big breast it you want than A you must sleep with me. Now day with remarks like these he would be dismiss from his job, some political correction is needed but not too much.
            By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

• I forget all the female student along with most of the male student call him that Dirly Old French Man as he came from French and try to play the Great French Lover. One of the female student who came from French told us that we wherenot insulting the French people as they would have called him than Dirly Old Man anyway and the female of French wouldnot have tolance his behaviour at all.

Comment

Working...
              X