beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GePap

The strangest beer experience I had was with the smoked beer-it smelt like sausage-very powerful smell-yet it tasted OK. But I would not recommend it becuase the smell is part of the experience.
    Smoked jalapeno beer at a microbrew festival. Stuff was Ok for a sampler but not definetley something I would drink more than a taste of.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Nine times out of ten I'll get a Newcastle. It's a damn fine beer. The other one time I'll get a weiss. Some coworkers and I go drinkin' on Tuesdays, but the beer selections are pretty lame. One place right on the beach we frequent has a an especially poor selection. Another place a few blocks away (Paradise Alley I keep trying to get them to go has been voted best in the SouthEast for beer selection, but they just don't seem to want to go.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hey che... did we get a Sam Adams when you and Bunnygrrl came up?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think so.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            Nine times out of ten I'll get a Newcastle. It's a damn fine beer.
            I dislike this beer.

For god sakes man, demand Yuenling down there!
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Mmmmm... Sam Adams. One of the few good things that have come out of New England .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

yeungling is good too... i'd never heard of it before a few months ago. it's exceptionally smooth... a beer you can go the distance with, so to speak. usually i can't drink the same beer all night, i have to switch varieties halfway through. but i can drink yeungling all night.

but i've also been known to let loose farts that rival zyclon-b for potency the day after a night of yeungling.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

They have it at the place I don't like, but until recently, I was under the mistaken impression it was a Chinese beer. Thus I was avoiding it. I only discovered my error after it was no longer available as a happy hour selection, which is what prompted us to move from Buckets to Lynch's. Buckets had neglected to mention this when the party had ordered several buckets of Yuenlings, and the price ended up being three to four times what they expected and the bar refused to back down on price. That was the last time we went to Buckets. (We regularly spend hundreds of dollars there in a single night, so they forked up.)

Now they want to go back to Buckets since the weather's getting nice again and it's nice to sit on the beach and drink beer. But we can sit on the beach and drink beer at PARADISE ALLEY!!!!!!

Comment

Beer

Leffe
                    Hoegaarden
                    Submarino
                    Sam Adams
                    Elephant
                    Erdiger Weiss
                    Grolsch
                    Carlsberg Export
                    Shepard Neame
                    Fullers
                    Adnams
                    Guinness
                    Bombadier (It's English through and through )
                    Tiger (for curries)
                    Asahi (for sushi)
                    Micro-breweries everywhere

All the cheap crap they serve in non-CAMRA-style pubs Bars seem to serve decent lager, but many of the pubs serve only Tetley's, Carlsberg, etc.
                    Fosters
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I'm very spoilt with the huge selection available here in NYC. Aside from all the imported beers there are a ton of brewpubs - Heartland Brewery, Greenwich Brewery, West Side Brewing Co....to name a few.
                      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I dislike this beer.

Thats downright low GePap. Yuengling can NEVER be a commie beer.
                        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

For example, Budweiser does not taste bad per se, it tastes weak, diluted, can barely feel hops, has no distinction whatsoever. Only very cold is it passable, and that is only becuase when a drink its cold enough taste will always be muted. That is why they tell you to drink those cheap lagers so cold, when in fact they should be like at 50 degrees, not 40 degrees or less.
                          If the problem with Bud (and it is) is that it's weak tasting, why would serving it extra cold make it passable? Surely that just kills whatever flavor there was to begin with. I only drink Bud when nothing else is available. Cheap lagers give me a hangover.

Comment

I don't drink bewerages. Spirits included.

I do enjoy a big glass of chocoa from time to time.
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Yuengling lager is good stuff. They make a good porter too.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                                I'm very spoilt with the huge selection available here in NYC. Aside from all the imported beers there are a ton of brewpubs - Heartland Brewery, Greenwich Brewery, West Side Brewing Co....to name a few.

The apocalypse is coming

I agree with Caligastia

FLY YOU FOOLS!

The best single selection I have seen in the brickskeller on 22nd and Q street's in DC (I think)- worlds largest beer selection in the world- though there is a place in greenwich with 600 beers.

Now, I keep telling myself I will take the Brooklyn Brewery tour but I never do....
                                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X