beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boshko

Stella is a mass-marketed lager. Therefore, by definition, it cannot be good. The only exception to this rule is Samuel Adams. It is known.
    As far as lager goes, it's pretty good. Better then the Dutch, English and American fizzy water.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva

As far as lager goes, it's pretty good. Better then the Dutch, English and American fizzy water.
      I take it you've never drank Sam Adams.
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I take it you've never drank Sam Adams.
        I have-its not that good. Now, their specialty brews are fine.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

I have-its not that good. Now, their specialty brews are fine.
          Its better than Stella.
          keep in mind that its a lager, so the competition isn't all that great...
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I've never been impressed with Sam Adams. That said there's a chocolate bach Sam Adams in my fridge that I keep forgetting to try... today might be a good day.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I didn't say it was THE best, just better then most. As far as lager are concerned I prefer Maes-pils if from a tap ans Jupiler if it's a can myself.

Other good beers; Chimay, Westmalle, Duvel, Leffe, Bush, Kwak, Kriek(old)...quite a long list..
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Its better than Stella.
                keep in mind that its a lager, so the competition isn't all that great...
                Hey, there are some great lagers-Killians Irish red is great- all bocks are lagers..I like Yuenling better as an American lager.

I agree with your low regard for Stella.

Comment

Flipping sin they allow Yuengling to be exported to NYC.

Everyone knows the better market is Atlanta.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Haha!

We all know Yankees and their beers stick together.

Besides, beer goes were the money is....

Comment

Hey, there are some great lagers-Killians Irish red is great- all bocks are lagers..I like Yuenling better as an American lager.
                      Never much cared for Killians and in any case, I'm from New England therefore Sam Adams is better

Other good beers; Chimay, Westmalle, Duvel, Leffe, Bush, Kwak, Kriek(old)...quite a long list..
                      Good stuff. Also like Newcastle Brown Ale, Pilsner Urquell and Sea Dog (Maine microbrew) IPA a lot as well as too many others to mention...
                      Gotta find a microbrew supply store around here and teach myself to brew...
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I'm from New England therefore Sam Adams is better
                        Anyone who lets emotion cloud their opinion of great beer is no beer lover

Good stuff. Also like Newcastle Brown Ale
                        Uggh! It is "distinct" but I don;t like it.

Comment

Tuborg and Carlsberg are good too (the export version, it's supposed to more alcohol in it, about the same as belgian pils/lager; 5 % )

Comment

How do you judge beer?

Comment

Eek, not Calsberg.

Okay, we aren't getting the export version here, I think. They got a factory here. That's why it's bad.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Anyone other than me, brew their own?
                                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X