No announcement yet.

Desktops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just reminded of how annoying it can be when I tried to read what your desktop said; took me a second to realize it was complete gibberish. I'm not really that concerned with your taste in desktop backgrounds, sweetheart, so calm down. I was just making a general point.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• So what does the desktop say?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• i like mingw more than cygwin.
        B♭3

Comment

• So what does the desktop say?

Nothing, as far as I can tell. There may be some valid compounds in there, though. My kanji skills are still limited, so I'm hardly the person to ask.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• In which M$ has seen fit to rip off the appearance of the Panther Finder.

They look absolutely NOTHING alike!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• hush, you. you're already a commie and therefore wrong because you don't like bush, and you must realize that apple is the be all end all of design.

silly philistine.
              B♭3

Comment

• How wonderful can the Asher / Aggie / Drake threads go?
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• How wonderful can the Asher / Aggie / Drake threads go?

I try my best, for your entertainment.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• It should be noted that Apple's interface guidelines clearly say the "brushed metal" interface should only be applied to devices that interface with peripherals or function as a replacement for something physical (ie, iTunes).

The Finder clearly doesn't fit in this category.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                      I try my best, for your entertainment.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• The Finder doesn't always have a brushed metal appearance.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• technically, the finder is the analogue to explorer.

it doesn't matter anyway, because fluxbox+konqueror triumphs over both.
                          B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                            The Finder doesn't always have a brushed metal appearance.
                            Ohhh, inconsistency...another HCI no-no.

Comment

• *cough* *cough* office *cough*
                              B♭3

Comment

• What about Office? Office UIs are remarkably consistent, even across say, PowerPoint and Word.

Comment

Working...
                                X