Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is making gay marriage illegal censoring relationships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is making gay marriage illegal censoring relationships?

Ben says no, I say yes.

Discuss.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

No, a relationship does not have to be a marriage.
    Vote Democrat
    Support Democracy

Comment

I don't recall the statement saying censoring all relationships.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Ben is right.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Is marriage a type of relationship?

So how is prohibiting certain people from entering these types of relationships not censoring?

Comment

Marriage is just a legal thing.

I know some gay and lesbian friends who got married just for the legal benefits. They don't live together, sleep together, etc. Just, they count as married.
            Vote Democrat
            Support Democracy

Comment

If marriage was just a legal thing, why do religious groups get up in arms in extending it to gay couples?

Comment

Because they are stupid. Why does anyone make a big fuss about something that has nothing to do with them?
                Vote Democrat
                Support Democracy

Comment

BTW, am I the only one who's suspicious about the usage of the word "censor" in this manner?
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    BTW, am I the only one who's suspicious about the usage of the word "censor" in this manner?
                    It came up because I said Ben was being a tad bit hypocritical because he criticized the government for stepping in to censor language, while at the same time actively promoting the idea of censoring certain types of relationships.

Comment

Marriage is an institution between a man and a woman. The government could call a relationship between two men a marriage, but that wouldn't make them married.

Of course, we still ought not to deprive them of legal rights such as inheritance and hospital visits, so there should be civil unions.
                      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Marriage is an institution between a man and a woman. The government could call a relationship between two men a marriage, but that wouldn't make them married.

Of course, we still ought not to deprive them of legal rights such as inheritance and hospital visits, so there should be civil unions.

Well said.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I believe your original statement added a few qualifiers.

1. consensual

2. adult

Now, if I am not correct, by your own definition, you censor certain relationships, and allow others.

How is this consistent?
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

OMG! Slavery is illegal therefore the concept of private property has been undermined! Run for the hills and join the militia!

Ben, do us a favour. Slap yourself before you post on these topics. Seeming to think that involuntary relationships involving minors is a good thing to argue makes you look like less than a fool.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Seeming to think that involuntary relationships involving minors is a good thing to argue
                              Please re-read my post.

Show me where I advocate relationships with minors as a good thing?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X