This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava
    Whoa... that's strange. According to Provost, in the UK, the NORTH sucks... but in America... the SOUTH sucks.

very strange indeed!

Ironic enough considering the fact that the South was largely populated by English immigrants, usually from the south; places like East Anglia, Sussex and Kent. It had none of that racial mixing that made the North of the US was it is today. Weird.

Oh yeah, and come to Scotland. Well, just to Edinburgh. Edinburghs cool. You can take or leave the rest of this place. It's sooty and poor.
    Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Newcastle is just a hole of Southern-ness. Once you've spent any time around Southerners Rich, you'll want to be back home in the north again.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

It had none of that racial mixing that made the North of the US was it is today.
        I bet inbreeding can be blamed for more of the US South's problems than most people would probably guess.

genetic diversity
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I bet inbreeding can be blamed for more of the US South's problems than most people would probably guess.
          Dumbass. Everyone knows that's West Virginia.
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Sava is a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              Have you thought about going west? What's west? The Welch? Are Welch chicks hot?
              There's Raquel for one. She's probably a bit too old though.

Is it really a North/South issue, or is it more a matter of big cities vs. "countryside". And well, isn't Hull more of a city of industry, rather than science? Not that that makes any difference... Moving South sounds good to me.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Emigrate to Australia!
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                  "Lots of sheep in Wales...and Spink"

Coincidence? You decide.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

genetic diversity
                    You Serbs should be the experts in the downfalls of a tiny gene pool.
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue

Should take the leaf out of Liverpool's book and chuck them into north Wales.
                      Oi you tw@T, I've got feelings you know!!

But thats what happened to my family to a tee

Comment

Sorry for that
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I don't think that's a great reason, but you gotta do what you gotta do. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            I just get people who dislike me because 'I am not one of them', they consider me to be intellectual, arrogant and stuck up - the brunt of this was demonstrated at Novartis Grimsby - which wasn't aided by the fact I am from Yorkshire and for some obscure reason, Lincolnshire people hate Yorkshire people, and their attitude towards me was hostile from day 1.
                            This will sound a lot more mean spirited then it was intented but are you all those things? Perhaps they see you as all those things without it being your intention to be so. I know a girl now that I pegged as a stuck up ***** who couldn't get passed her own appearence and shallow problems but after getting to know her, I know that's not true at all.

Of course the North South divide may be it. Is it that bad in England. And is there really that much difference in such a small confined space to begin with. I've never been there so I'm ignorant on the differences between a Londener and someone from the north.
                            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                              Everybody has to cut the apron strings some time, strike out and make their own life.

I personally couldn't wait to go over the wall but as the oldest child it was difficult for my parents to let go. I think I joined federal public service partly because it meant I had to move to a new city and start a new life.
                              I always thought it was best to live pretty far away from where you grew up for a while. I struck out as soon as I got out of high school. I joined the military when I was 17 and was living in Georgia for up to a year afterwards. I came back to my home state but I live 2 hours away from where I grew up. I just think it's better that way. My g/f lives too close to her mom and it's driving them both crazy.
                              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                                Of course the North South divide may be it. Is it that bad in England. And is there really that much difference in such a small confined space to begin with. I've never been there so I'm ignorant on the differences between a Londener and someone from the north.
                                Since we largely abandoned a class system based on birth in favour of one based on money, regional rivalry is one of the main ways left for people in the UK to indulge their tribal instincts.

Sometimes it is quite bad, other times barely noticeable. My comment earlier in the thread about attitude was really about how to deal with people. Best approaches are either to identify a common interest (sport, cars, TV programmes or whatever) or fear - convince them you are a latent psycho and that they should not upset you.

Usually people from those areas of the country or sections of society who feel most inferior are the worst for prejudice. I suppose I might feel more prejudiced if I were from Lincolnshire!
                                Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Working...
                                X