Do You Date Younger Or Older Than You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Date Younger Or Older Than You

For a while I was dating women older than me by 6 years or more. Well now I've taken a radical departure and I am now dating someone 11 years younger than me. I'm 29 and she is 18. She graduated highschool at 17 and has been in college for the past year. Her mom isnt so keen on the idea and as of yet I have not met her. I can see where that will be a challenge, but she is worth it.

What is your comfort zone with age? I'm just interested in the range of opinion and experience here with sigificant age difference.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Not much experience. All of my girlfriends tend to be 2-3 years consistently younger than me. I have dated a woman a year older, but that's unusual for me.

I won't date much more than 3 years in either direction, but I suppose that's more of a function of my age than anything else.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Older.
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
        Older.
        I found that dating older did have its share of unique pleasures.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Everyone I've ever been involved with was younger, but none by more than 2 years.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Would you date someone that was significantly younger or be hesistent.

Comment

I'd be comfortable with an age-range of 20-26. Beyond that, it would strongly depend on the other person's maturity. An 18 year old who could pass for a 20-something might be ok. A 30 year old who acts like a grumpy, frizzled old man wouldn't get far with me. I'd want someone who'd act MY age (23 this coming April...or 2 years from death according to Asher ) or at least close to it.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Well the first time I saw her I thought she was 23-24ish. Stunned to find out she was 18 but we hit it off and plus we have some common life experiences that have aged us both.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                  Would you date someone that was significantly younger or be hesistent.
                  I'm 33. As long as they were over 20 I wouldn't be bothered.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I've only dated younger before, 3 years younger to be precise. The one I'm interested in now though appears to be around my age.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'm nearly, as a rough guide I'd go down to 16 and up to about 30. I prefer older women (<30) anyway. Experience is great, up until things start succumbing to gravity...
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

I can only remember dating a woman my age one or two times. It's just that those my age usually have kids already and a very involved ex. I once jokely told my mom that in order to find a girl that hadnt been married or have kids I'd have to get one when they were 18. At the time I had no intention

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                          I'm nearly, as a rough guide I'd go down to 16 and up to about 30. I prefer older women (<30) anyway. Experience is great, up until things start succumbing to gravity...
                          Well 18 is as low as I would ever go.

Comment

Hmm. Same age or younger is how it turns out, though that's just how it turned out.

Current BF is roughly two years younger.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Current gf is four years older, is working out well since I have to deal with so much immaturity at work that I don't think I could deal with it after work too.
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X