I don't really understand about Dean.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't really understand about Dean.

The dems have to know he's unelectable...

Makes McGovern look like a nazi. Repubs such as myself are thrilled Dean is doing so well. Don't the dems get it? Why do they stick w/ the guy?

Makes Bush a sure thing, right?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

This is probably the worst troll I have ever seen.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

And Tass would know, being the creator of fully 90% of the crap trolls here on Poly...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

It's a troll, but I think it's a pretty accurate one. They ought to go with Wesley Clark. Over here, he's been getting more attention than Dean to the point where it wouldn't surprise me if most people thought Clark was in the lead.

Comment

Well, there hasn't really been that much material about the nomination yet, but you get the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            And Tass would know, being the creator of fully 90% of the crap trolls here on Poly...
            Well, people fall for them, so....
            Speaking of which, it seems as if people will begin falling for this one

Comment

Don't believe the spin, Lancer. Dean is pro-gun, pro-death penalty, and fiscally moderate to conservative. He is pegged as a leftie because he is an outspoken critic of the war, the President, and the Democratic Party. He's rather the to right of McCarthy, but becuase the media is lazy and the Repubs love to lie (and because the other Dem hopefulls will say anything to knock Dean down to try and get the nomination themselves), it's "convention wisdom" that Dean is some kinda leftie.

Frankly, all these folks saying Dean can't win, were also saying he'd never get the nomination in the first place. I think it's time to stop paying attention to the pundents and the "conventional wisdom." Stop being lazy and actually do some research on the candidates.

I myself do not like Dean, but I like the movement around Dean, which is exceedingly (small d) democratic.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I didn't intend this as a troll...

Reality a troll? Interesting!

Comment

"Don't believe the spin, Lancer. Dean is pro-gun, pro-death penalty, and fiscally moderate to conservative. He is pegged as a leftie because he is an outspoken critic of the war, the President, and the Democratic Party. He's rather the to right of McCarthy, but becuase the media is lazy and the Repubs love to lie (and because the other Dem hopefulls will say anything to knock Dean down to try and get the nomination themselves), it's "convention wisdom" that Dean is some kinda leftie.

Frankly, all these folks saying Dean can't win, were also saying he'd never get the nomination in the first place. I think it's time to stop paying attention to the pundents and the "conventional wisdom." Stop being lazy and actually do some research on the candidates.

I myself do not like Dean, but I like the movement around Dean, which is exceedingly (small d) democratic."

Interesting reply Che. I'd love to see replys to this post itself. Thoughts on Che's post people?

Comment

Reality is a revolutionary concept for most people.
                    The reality of the situation is that Dean is right of center, but like you said Lance, reality is a tough pill to swallow.
                    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

It is interesting that you mention you don't understand the appeal of Dean. Dean is a relative unknown relying on attacks of Bush.

I disagree with Che's characterization of Dean. On fiscal issues he is on record saying he would repeal all tax cuts meaning he would target middle class for tax increases. Lieberman shot him so fullof holes that he subsequently did a 180. His level of backtracking in order to attract moderates will be easily exploited by the Repubs as wishy washy. (Course OTOH as has so often been posted here, Bush is anti-free trade, big government, and now weak on immigration to pickoff targeted groups as well)
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                        I didn't intend this as a troll...

Reality a troll? Interesting!
                        This post serves to confirm my original statement

Comment

Thoughts on Che's post people?

Che is right.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I think I will take a look at Dean then.

Being a staunch Repub. I guess I need to, especially since Bush has been irking me.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Che is right. Probably Dean's defining characteristic is budget balancing. Fiscal responsibility. Repealing the entire tax cuts is a perfect manifestation of that. Most other Dems want to keep the tax cut for the poor and the middle class and just repeal the cuts for the rich; that's progressive taxation, a tenet of the Democratic party. Dean's stance is more Republican. He's not out on the fringe on almost any issue except gay marriage -- if you can consider that a fringe position when both houses of his state legislature had already passed the law -- and opposition to the war in Iraq, which is going to gain him more and more support over time.

Comment

Working...
                              X