No announcement yet.

Uh oh, Yellowstone Caldera Awakens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it funny how a lot of the nutcases out there moved to that area to avoid nuclear attacks, alien landings, floods, earthquakes, tornados, huricanes, terrorist attacks and government brainwashing only to now get threatened by a national park.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Seeing how there is life on earth right now, and no sign of mass extinctions either 0.65, 1.3, or 2.1 million years ago, the only people who gotta worry are those living in the midwest.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Looks like the volcano has a half life! Which means is should blow any day now.

We're all gonna die!!!

I hope they don't interupt "Friends"
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
          The caldera looks to be ~50 km across, what a monster waiting to blow!!!
          IIRC, Lassen in northern Cali was about the same size when it blew early last century.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
            How big is your freezer

well considering I could store food just outside my door and it would be colder than in my inside freezer, I'd have to say my freezer is pretty damn big, unless its summer time, well no even then its pretty damn big its all relative to how much digging I want to do....

I wonder what would happen to the fishes in the ocean....
            If you really had an atmospheric dust event that lasted for several years (i.e. considerably bigger than Krakatoa or Mt. Pinatubo, but not on the collosal scale of the Chicxulub impact crater), the loss of infalling solar radiation would have it's largest impact on phytoplankton and work it's way up the food chain.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Crank up the global warming as preemption.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                Crank up the global warming as preemption.
                Snubbing his nose at anything pro-environment, premptive actions against perceived (or imagined) threats...

...huh...Bush Jr. has a 'Master Plan' after all...
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

you frigging appeaser. I bet you want to let the calderas attack.

(Ming...this was sorta on topic...)

Comment

Im going to make a fallout shelter, with a nuclear reactor and everything, I need money donations though so who wants to give me thier money? Dont worry I'll make sure theres enough space for everyone who donates, as long as they are atractive women.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                      Seeing how there is life on earth right now, and no sign of mass extinctions either 0.65, 1.3, or 2.1 million years ago, the only people who gotta worry are those living in the midwest.
                      I don't know what kind of catastrophic, diabolical plans you have, but YOU LEAVE IOWA ALONE!
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        I find it funny how a lot of the nutcases out there moved to that area to avoid nuclear attacks, alien landings, floods, earthquakes, tornados, huricanes, terrorist attacks and government brainwashing only to now get threatened by a national park.
                        It's all part of God's plan. Get 'em all together and WHAM! YEAH, BABY, YEAH!
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

They certainly would be nutcases if they moved up there to get away from quakes.

Comment

Originally posted by uh Clem
                            There's no reason to be alarmed yet. Wait untill Tom Ridge starts telling everyone not to worry and just go about their business...that's when I'll know it's time.

Is anyone preparing Bruce Willis for this? How do you plug up a caldera?
                            Willis: I'm going to need a whole sh!tload of cheese.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Funny thing, in Civ3, volcanoes cause pollution, which in turn cause global warming.
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                              X