USA: Foreign Airlines Must Use Marshals Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you add the Seattle - Vancouver area

Too small; what's the point of taking a train for such a short distance? You might as well drive...

Oh, I forgot, you are not Japanese, just a wanna be.

Why the hell would I want to be Asian when Caucasians are so obviously superior?
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
      I can't wait for an "air cop" to fire his weapon in the plane and hit a window, thus depressurizing the plane

Again, a brilliant idea. Why don't the risky flights just get cancelled, when we know they are risky?
      thats generally not the way physics works, ever push a needle through a balloon? did it explode immediately or did the air very slowly escape?

It works the same way with airplanes:
      "If a bullet were to penetrate a pressurized airplane, the passengers would not be sucked out the windows from "explosive decompression." That is a persistent urban myth originating with the 1964 movie, Goldfinger, starring Sean Connery as James Bond.

Airplanes already have holes. Air is constantly pumped into... and out of... the plane. (Otherwise, the passengers would suffocate.) The size of the hole (the "outflow valve") depends on the size of the plane, but it is a big hole. A 9mm/.357 caliber bullet makes a hole with an area of 1/10th of a square inch. (Area = pi R squared.) The effect of a bullet hole on cabin pressure is not enough to be measurable.

Explosive decompression only occurs with huge holes. In 1986, a bomb blew a 20-square-foot hole in a TWA 727 over Athens, and 4 passengers were killed. In 1988, an 18-foot section of the roof came off an Aloha Airlines 737 mid-flight, and one flight attendant was killed. (Both planes landed safely.)

If the Goldfinger Syndrome were true, the Airline Pilots Association would not have voted to arm pilots, and the FAA would not be talking about armed sky marshals.

It's a myth, OK? It was just a movie.

Mark Moritz"

Comment

I don't oppose this idea. However, I think we are now very close of using 'all the means' there is that we can still accept.

Terrorism threats are way too easy to create. You can basically just start a rumour. You can call to airport. What ever. You'll be caught likely, but hey, buttholes are everywhere. This all costs money, and makes it difficult for the travellers, not so much to actual terrorists. NOT this idea though, this won't limit anyones travelling or make it more difficult though. But some other means that come in the future will.

Imagine if there would be few terrorist strikes in Europe and we come up with extreme security measures, that are not ever taken away? Then we are all ****ed up, and terrorists have won, hands down.

But I have nothing against this idea, as it doesn't limit the individual traveller..
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          If you add the Seattle - Vancouver area

Too small; what's the point of taking a train for such a short distance? You might as well drive...
          And if EVERY Seattlean/Vancouveran followed that thinking, then the roads from both cities would inevitably be so clogged up that a dead horse would be a faster mode of transportation.
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

NOT this idea though, this won't limit anyones travelling or make it more difficult though.
            Okay, let's say all the airlines in some country like Sweden refuse to carry air marshals. Bam!, the USA denies Swedish airlines allowance into our airspace. Swedes planning to go to America are pissed, of course.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

mrmitchell, well yeah that's pretty weak I'd guess. You can fly through Amsterdam, get a new plane from there. I know I know.. now it's difficult for the traveller.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

However - and this is the key - all of the planes flying into the US have air marshalls on them. The measure isn't intended so much to "punish" the country as to keep those planes out.

Comment

Who would pay for all these people?
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                    Who would pay for all these people?
                    Consumers no doubt.

Comment

Plus, Chinese and Japanese fought in Korea

Just like French and Germans fought in Belgium, mainly.

when was this? last time i checked, any battles between the chinese and japanese in korea were because the koreans invited the chinese in as allies.
                      as far as tribute, yes.

Bull****. You only remember the Japanese ****ing overs because they were so recent. In the greater scheme of things, China ****ed Korea over for a lot longer.

lol. the chinese were never as brutal. the chinese didn't assassinate the korean royal family. the chinese didn't invade, rape the locals, and then carry off innumerable historic treasures. the chinese helped unify korea under the silla dynasty; the japanese led to its division. the chinese didn't kidnap artisans to put into service of the court; the japanese did.
                      sure, the chinese ****ed over korea. but they at least had the generosity to not make it a rape. that, and at least they gave korea a few perks after the ****ing.

Go wash your mouth with soap immediately young man!!

why? it's true. the belgians do secretly wish they were dutch. being dutch isn't a bad thing.
                      B♭3

Comment

Gee... and I thought this was a thread about how Foreign Airlines Must Use Marshals Too
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Gee... and I thought this was a thread about how Foreign Airlines Must Use Marshals Too

of course it is. drake sidetracked it though, with a troll i just had to respond to.

as far as air marshals are concerned, i don't mind having them. i still don't like the bullets thing.
                          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                            Will you feel safer if an Air France plane flies over the US with French Marshalls in it?

No.
                            I'll bet black people would feel safer.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

seattle already has a clogged highway system...

a train from portland to seattle to vancouver would be cool though
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

Okay, let's say all the airlines in some country like Sweden refuse to carry air marshals. Bam!, the USA denies Swedish airlines allowance into our airspace. Swedes planning to go to America are pissed, of course.
                                Sweden actually denies air marshals. Our planes will be allowed to fly to America anyway, according to an agreement with US autorities just some hours ago.

Allowing a person to carry guns on board will open up for undercover terrorists to become air marshals. And being a racist in the selection process by exclucing Arabs for the job will not help. Tim McVeigh was no Arab.
                                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                                X