Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should we build the Fusion Reactor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, isn't it? I think it won't.

I chose france. And as Combat has put it, the most important thing is that we'll build it. EXTREMELY important. Of course, what really pisses me off is that anyone of the countries above could've done it by itself with proper funding ( I am not talking pie in the sky here, either, btw, esp. since the ENORMOUS save on oil will cover it in, oh, a year, or so. )
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Give France the sabotaged version. We already hit Japan with a nuclear bomb

Comment

What are the chances that this thing is actually going to generate more energy than it consumes? No one has yet to build a fusion reactor that produces a significantly positive yield of electricty, so what is the point of building this thing?
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
          No one has yet to build a fusion reactor that produces a significantly positive yield of electricty, so what is the point of building this thing?
          To experiment, so that the production processes become more efficient?
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Maybe if we build a really big version, we can leap through the threshold.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I've got some room in my basement.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Finland. Because we rule and could provide all the water, stable conditions (no earthquakes, no storms) and because we deserve it being good sports.

Plus politically we are more neutral than any of these countries, so there would be no beef and complaining.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

But you're Finns!

Comment

Actually Finland DOES sound like a good idea...
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Finland +1

Comment

I'm really not sure. The South of France is close to an earthquake zone as well. I don't know if it actually suffers from tremors, however.

Comment

France. Keep it as far away from China as possible.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

France. Get it nice and close to CERN so the scientists can visit each other on weekends.
                            "Although I may disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to hear me tell you how wrong you are."

Comment

Also we're more safe more possible terror attacks. We can provide the security to it, plus we'd benefit from the visitors if there are some. Also we have no agendas or power struggle. Geographically using the eurocentric world view, we are center, and top, which makes the distance to the Fusion Reactor almost the same for everyone (Japan, the US, Asia, Europe naturally closer, but there's a sea between us), so.. bring it on. We can offer unbiased location and perhaps the most stable conditions and location.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                                Also we're more safe more possible terror attacks. We can provide the security to it, plus we'd benefit from the visitors if there are some.
                                Yeah, because there are wwwwwwwwwaaaayyyy more Muslims with which (most) Terrorists can hide in Japan, then say, France.
                                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                                X