Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should we build the Fusion Reactor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should we build the Fusion Reactor?

The ITER project is to be a joint venture between the United States, China, Russia, South Korea, the European Union and Japan.

Japanese officials said their site offered access to a port and ample supplies of sea and fresh water, which they felt offered an advantage over the French site.

Fabio Fabbi, spokesman for European Union Research Commissioner Philippe Busquin, said the bloc would continue to campaign for its site in Cadarache, near the Mediterranean port Marseille.

Personally I like the Japanese site.

USA, Korea, and Japan favor the Japanese site.

Eurocoms and China like the French site.

Obviously some of this is politically motivated but what about some third party site like Mexico, Brazil or Italy.
    France
    68.00%
    Japan
    24.00%
    Go shove a banana up your ass and see if it causes a fusion reaction
    8.00%
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

go for france. if it blows up, it doesn't nuke anything important. just eurodisney.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

U.S.

Comment

Iraq
        Blah

Comment

No blood for fusion reactors!
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I think it's more important they build it rather than where they build it. Voted for the French site though because I would like to go there and see this thing live some day
            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Ideally, a place that isn't prone to earthquakes, is temperate, and has access to a large source of water.

Gatekeeper
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Then Japan is out.
                Blah

Comment

Heh. Pretty much any place along the Pacific Ring of Fire, including the West Coast of the United States.
                  "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

Hence my vote for France.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Yeah, France sounds good for something that's experimental. Let them be the lab rats for once.

Gatekeeper

Comment

I'm glad somebody noticed the volcanic arc...how the hell did Japan get on the short list?
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                          Yeah, France sounds good for something that's experimental. Let them be the lab rats for once.

Gatekeeper

Thanks. But it is an EU site which happens to be anecdotically located in France.
                          Statistical anomaly.
                          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

I'm sure the French will sincerely value the distinction, DAVOUT. You hear that, France! You're just an a vague part of the might European Union! You have no real individual identity now! Ha! You have been assimilated!

Heh. The French province of the European Union will make a fine location for the experimental fusion reactor.

Gatekeeper

Comment

Who cares about earthquakes? I'm pretty sure a reactor that's built to contain the fires of creation could handle a little ground-shakage...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X