Americans: Please express your opinion on Gay Marriage in this poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Park Avenue
    Because it can't even hope that it has a random sample.
    Why?

Are you claiming that only uneducated/ignorant people who don't have access to the internet are against gay marriage?

Comment

• Elitism.

No, the fact is the sort of people who dislike benders aren't the sort to waste their time fannying around on a few forums.

The opinions of the poor aren't worth less, are they?
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• However, the opinions of the uninformed are.

In general, those who don't use the Internet will be more informed than those who do.

Comment

• Nice embarassment for the AFA. I voted for the Civil Unions option.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

• Heterosexuals claim that marriage is "sacred."

I got news for those guys -- many heterosexuals have long-since desacralized marriage.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I oppose legalization of homosexual marriage and "civil unions" 34.38%
              (184829 votes)
              I favor legalization of homosexual marriage 57.36%
              (308368 votes)
              I favor a "civil union" with the full benefits of marriage except for the name 8.25%
              (44373 votes)
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Originally posted by skywalker
                However, the opinions of the uninformed are.

In general, those who don't use the Internet will be more informed than those who do.
                Don't you mean this the other way around ?
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

• I'm against gay marriage personally. As for what others do, I don't really give a ****.
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• My choice is not listed on the poll as I favor civil unions but would give only relevant benefits to such unions. I specifically would not give such unions benefits that are intended to allow a mother to stay home and raise kids.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• gwyneth paltrow is having a baby with her boyfriend. they are not planning on getting married. they were, however, ****ging like no tomorrow, and now they're having a little baby.

i know of two women who have spent the better part of 15 years committed to each other. they are in love, and have a strong relationship. they would like to get married, but cannot.

who's doing more damage to the notion of family? who's doing more damage to the notion of marriage?
                      B♭3

Comment

• ok, sorry.

take a look at this image:

i dunno about you, but pink neon is not something i associate with family. the only time i've ever seen pink neon used is in the context of shops specializing in blue material.
                        B♭3

Comment

• Q. Qubed, my wife likes to go on and on about how Oprah Winfrey has helped people in United States and in the world. According to her, Oprah Winfrey is now planning to help the people of South Africa. I pointed out to her that the major problem South Africa has is lack of family structures, which is also a significant problem in United States among poor people. Oprah Winfrey is not helping people to improve their lives and to break out the cycle of poverty to the extent that she does not herself provide them a good example because she is not married and is living with her boyfriend of many years.

Oprah Winfrey is a hypocrite.
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• i don't know what exactly it is that oprah winfrey does in terms of philanthropy, but if it's true that she is unmarried and merely living with her boyfriend, it is my contention that she is doing more damage to the institution of marriage than two gay people who want to get married.

it is my contention that the fact that two straight people can get married in an hour (30 minutes in a chapel, 30 minutes to have met each other) with no concept of what marriage can be does more damage than a devoted lesbian couple of 15 years.

it is my contention that the ease of getting divorces (advertisements on the el now say that you can get one for under $300) for no better reason than "i don't like him anymore" does more damage to marriage than two gay men who have stayed with each other past the seven-year itch.
                            B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                              Q. Qubed, my wife likes to go on and on about how Oprah Winfrey has helped people in United States and in the world. According to her, Oprah Winfrey is now planning to help the people of South Africa. I pointed out to her that the major problem South Africa has is lack of family structures, which is also a significant problem in United States among poor people. Oprah Winfrey is not helping people to improve their lives and to break out the cycle of poverty to the extent that she does not herself provide them a good example because she is not married and is living with her boyfriend of many years.

Oprah Winfrey is a hypocrite.
                              A woman does not have to be married to be a positive role model, or to make significant contributions to human society.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I specifically would not give such unions benefits that are intended to allow a mother to stay home and raise kids.
                                Why not?
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X