No announcement yet.

Americans: Please express your opinion on Gay Marriage in this poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supporting impossible to pass amendments is a good way to placate the base without doing anything. Same thing with establishing a Presidential Commission.

Comment

It's nice to see the bigots of America are present even here

That's you Park and Drake.

You don't know the first thing about me...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Nor does he know anything about bigots (assumes you have to be one specific nationality to be a bigot, no others need apply) nor Park Avenue, the Brit.

Comment

51% (favour) to 40% (against)
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

If I would have voted, I would have voted for gay marriage. But I know I'd get buried in spam if I did.

(BTW: Should anyone tell these guys that Congress does not regulatel marriage? It's the states which regulate marriage. )

Comment

Originally posted by reismark
              I can't believe our monkey of a president is supporting a constitutional amendment to limit marriages to heterosexual couples when common sense says exactly the opposite...
              I can't believe you mentioned the President of the United States and common sense in the same sentence.

(BTW -- That's a really cool avatar. )

Comment

I will never marry a gay person. I'm sorry, I'm just that way. You'll have to take me for what I am. Get used to it.

Did it occur to anyone that if you vote against allowing gay marriages and you leave your e-mail address that they will hit you up for donations until the coming of glory? It's a no-win situation.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                  Nor does he know anything about bigots (assumes you have to be one specific nationality to be a bigot, no others need apply) nor Park Avenue, the Brit.
                  Come again? Where in anything that I wrote did you get that I think bigots have to be a certain nationality? So Park's a brit. Who cares? It changes nothing.

Openly supporting laws that ban gay unions is the same as openly supporting prejudice and/or segregation. I fail to see the difference between banning gay marriage and banning black marriage. It's ****ed up either way.

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                  You don't know the first thing about me...
                  I don't have to. You made it pretty clear, at least on this issue.
                  "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

How so? For your information, I voted pro-domestic partnerships, but anti-gay marriage. Sounds like the opinion of a bigot, doesn't it jackass?
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yes.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I forgot -- what is Park Avenue's fallicious reasoning on how someone who marries threatens other people's marriages??
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

What's your fallicious reason for not supporting gay marriage? As long as straights are allowed to marry under the governments, gays ought to as well.

If your problem is religious connotations, that shouldn't be under the government whatsoever.

Domestic partnerships are bull**** to me as long as that's all straights can get under the government as well.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

How so? For your information, I voted pro-domestic partnerships, but anti-gay marriage. Sounds like the opinion of a bigot, doesn't it jackass?
                            Is this domestic partnership the same as a marriage, just different in name? If so then I apologize, if not then I stand by my statement.
                            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                              Is this domestic partnership the same as a marriage, just different in name? If so then I apologize, if not then I stand by my statement.
                              The idea is the religious people have taken their religious ideals ("marriage") and shoved it into a legal system and given it legal values and representations.

In today's world, gays ought to be able to have the same rights.

So some people think instead of giving gays the right to "marry", they should get the "same benefits" via domestic partnership.

My problem with that is by doing so you admit marriage is obviously a religious instutition, and therefore has no place in government whatsoever -- and all the government should grant to anyone is "domestic partnerships".

Unfortunately this means churches can give marriage certificates to whomever they please, including gay couples. So they don't like that...they want their religion engrained in public policy and law, which is shameful.

Comment

Is this domestic partnership the same as a marriage, just different in name?

Yes.

If so then I apologize, if not then I stand by my statement.

Apology accepted.

Sorry about calling you a jackass.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X