Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, maybe Iraq had Al-Qaeda ties after all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patroklos, sorry to embarass you like this, but...Jenin is in the occupied territories....
    Although what you say makes is perfectly true incidentally, for the Israeli army that was involved in the altercation there. 56 people, of which more than half were combatants, were killed in Jenin--as for the houses, not that many were actually destroyed, as well as the fact that booby traps, and enemy combatants hid in them.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
      is le monde diplomatique all opinions?
      Le Monde Diplomatique has a very, very clear bias. I'm not aware of any forgery from them, but it is clear they use only the information they need to further their agenda (sometimes very obscure and very interesting). Don't forget the idea of ATTAC was born in Le Monde Diplomatique's journalists minds.

Besides, "Le Monde" and "Le Monde Diplomatique" have become increasingly separate over the years. At first, le Diplo was an appendix to "Le Monde", that was less opinionated, and was oriented at in-depht information. While the "in-depth" spirit still lives on (making it a very elitist newspaper), the bias is obvious to whomever reads it.

As for the sacked journalist:
      This story takes its roots in Le Monde's recent evolution under the triumvirat leading it. The Three become increasingly pissed at whatever mud flinged at them, and there has been much of mud recently.
      Schneidermann's is a senior writer of Le Monde's TV appendix. He wrote the editorials of the TV appendix and that's about it. He was sacked because he wrote in a book that the behavior of the Three was bad, and made the attackers of Le Monde right.

Plantu (the senior cartoonist) is another thing altogether. His cartoons have been on Le Monde's frontpage every day for more than 20 years. His drawings are almost as important to current Le Monde's image as the logo of the journal. The Three have often been pissed by his free spirit, and sometimes his public critics of the journal, but they couldn't act against him.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Pztroklos: It's an anti-Israeli cartoon not an anti-American one.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Le Monde Diplomatique has a very, very clear bias. I'm not aware of any forgery from them, but it is clear they use only the information they need to further their agenda (sometimes very obscure and very interesting). Don't forget the idea of ATTAC was born in Le Monde Diplomatique's journalists minds.
          I may be a victim of their bias myself, but the enormous load of information they get to support their point is impressive. I doubt they even have to hide anything. In most of their articles, the hard evidence they provide seems overwhelming.

IMHO they don't offer much solutions to the problems they describe. But as an independant and trustworthy source of information they are necessary. Call this "bias" if you wish. Personnally I'll keep it to "intellectual independance". We've got nothing (on the left side of politics) that approaches the professionalism of "Le monde diplomatique" in America.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Le Diplo sure is highly professional, and any info you'll read in can be marked as serious and double-checked IMHO. However, it still is a left-wing paper, and should not be seen (especially by foreigners who don't know what French jounralism looks like) like a neutral paper.
            The left-wing bias is obvious from the fist line to the last. It doesn't make the read any less interesting.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Atta-Saddam link discredited by FBI records

So this document is apparantely another forgery, and the Telegraph opted not to fully research it and instead run to the presses with unsubstantiated information.
              the good reverend

Comment

Thanks for the link, Rev

Now, are we allowed to consider the Telegraph as an outright lying newspaper, or are we to think the poor tories just got manipulated by a skilled forger?

Comment

Thanks for the link, Rev

Now, are we allowed to consider the Telegraph as an outright lying newspaper, or are we to think the poor tories just got manipulated by a skilled forger?
                  Ive already posted a thread about this. Telegraph reiterates that they got the document from an Iraqi Gov. Council source. Isikoff article doesnt state whether they reiterated that it was alawi. No response from Alawi.
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                    Ive already posted a thread about this. Telegraph reiterates that they got the document from an Iraqi Gov. Council source. Isikoff article doesnt state whether they reiterated that it was alawi. No response from Alawi.
                    Oops, sorry, I've overlooked it Care to tell me what thread it is?

Comment

Oops, sorry, I've overlooked it Care to tell me what thread it is?
                      "update on Telegraph story"

Not sure how to link to threads
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu

Ha, ha, ha.
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Not a problem, I found it

And to link to threads, it's very simple:
                          1) copy the adress of the thread in your adress bar
                          2) paste the adress in the post you're writing, and 'Poly will make a link all by himself (it works for all links on the internet)

Comment

As I said, this is not be relied upon until both Brit and US intelligence confirms it.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                            X