The fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, that's ignorance.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oh? How so?
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

You can keep freezing water, thank you very much.
        Although, the biggest black bass are caught in January and February.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Are those fish stocked by the government or private sources?
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
            Hey Ollie if you like the ocean fishing or "outside" as we call it down here you should come over for a visit. We get huge Yellow Fin Tuna (or "trains" ), Black and other Marlin, Sailfish, Kingfish, pretty much all the Southern Ocean pelagics. It's hot.

To give you some idea small(ish) tuna like Albacore and striped are considered baitfish down here

You hook up one of those brutes and you know you're alive
            Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps when my kids are older and I have collected more Air Bonus Points. But what about the venomous jellyfish? One tentacle stuck to your fishing line could kill you, right?

Last year a school of Bluefin tuna swam into an inlet and couldn't find their way out for a few weeks. They were busting off kids tackle and giving people with little rods and reels heart attacks
            Great! Sounds like Fort Lauderdale when a sailfish hit while I was fishing for bait. I did not catch it, though.
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
            X