No announcement yet.

The fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In freshwater I usually chase pikes. I got an 8 kg monster once , but they can get twice as big as that. The big ones will actually attack ducks swimming in the water.
    CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22

I'm not sure if it is the same kind of fish, but aren't those poisonous?
      Not the kind in the Med. There's another one with the same name living on tropical coral reefs.
      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Here's my garden and the lake where I catch pike (only small ones so far).

This is a thread I like. I might edit in some fishing stories attached to the pictures above, sometimes when I'm not so tired. Now it's bedtime.
        Attached Files
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

beautiful fish there, Ollie
          CSPA

Comment

In saltwater, I usually just troll, so I get about anything. Mostly mackerel, cod and whiting.
            Fishing for crabs at midnight is fun as well.
            CSPA

Comment

If you bring fishing stories to this thread CO, it will be bedtime for all of us except for the most ardent insomniac

Fishing must be singularly the most boring activity there is. I often go to the seaside, or the river, and see rows and rows of people standing/sitting there waiting for a tug on their line for hours on end. How is it possible to derive pleasure from such complete monotony?
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Fishing must be singularly the most boring activity there is.
                You mean as opposed to your life?

Its wonderful, soulful.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

How?

If I want solace, I go for a walk in the woods, see things. Looking at a rod and a piece of string, waiting for it to twitch for hours on end...well, I just don't get it
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

There are a lot of things in life that you don't get.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

AH, there is no need to get personal. I am being quite civil about this. Don't force me to unleash the 'yo mamma' jokes against you now
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

i made this thread awhile ago and it seems that the sport hasnt increased in popularity sinc ethen....

Fishing is great PH. It gives you an excuse to idle around and smoke cigarettes all day.

Maybe cuase i used to be an ex-druggie or something.. if im idling around for really long time, I start appreciating lil things. And tides of the water sounds really pleasant and melodic. It's one way I learned to attain bliss without smoking/consuming anything.
                        :-p

Comment

You used to be an ex-druggie? Does it mean you're a druggie back again ?
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Zero

It gives you an excuse to idle around and smoke cigarettes all day.
                            You've been fishing with me then

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                              You used to be an ex-druggie? Does it mean you're a druggie back again ?
                              well no. Not hardcore drugs.

But back in the days there was a time when I smoked pot like a fiend and tripped on shrooms all weekend. But you euros dont even consider those drugs now do ya
                              :-p

Comment

Keep the photos coming

Comment

Working...
                                X