No announcement yet.

Blair floats idea of giving 16-year-olds right to vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, 18 is the right age. You've had plenty of time to absorb what your father votes so you can vote the same.

Comment

I say extend the franchise to any kid that can identify London on a map and who can name at least one monarch. By doing so, he would exhibit the education level of the average Blair voter.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

There are lots of good reasons for lowering the voting age. Its just been announced that Congressman Kucinich is in favor of lowering the voting age too.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It will be FAR TOO EXPENSIVE!!!

Give 'em the vote and they will also have to get the social benefits to.

At present, 16-17 year olds don't get state hand outs. This will cost 100s of millions.
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Its just been announced that Congressman Kucinich is in favor of lowering the voting age too.
            Now that's a great reason.
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Well, if you're giving the vote to the animals in the forest, I should think teenagers would get some consideration.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
              X