Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women think they are entitled to more restrooms than men!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boshko
    God do any of you guys spend any time with women at all? They have to go to the bathroom vastly more often than men (esp. during menstration) so it only makes sense to give them a few more stalls or, even better have unisex bathrooms (worked just fine at my university), although this sort of thing can be taken a bit too far like at the bar when I'm a semi-regular which is really great except for the men's bathroom being a bit of walled-over alley with a urinal (no light, no sink)
    If I spent any time with women would I be here posting and *****ing about women getting more bathrooms than men?
    Last edited by Dis; December 7, 2003, 21:49.

Comment

God do any of you guys spend any time with women at all? They have to go to the bathroom vastly more often than men (esp. during menstration) so it only makes sense to give them a few more stalls
      Great! And if these women want a government regulation passed, forcing buildings to have more restrooms for women, then the extra restrooms should be coin operated, in order to pass the cost on to the people who are demanding certain extra benefits
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think it's an eminently sensible idea. After you, you can fit more urinals in a room than you can cubicles, and women do take at least slighter long through pure necessity.

No-one ever seen a snaking queue for the women's toilets at a busy nightclub or something...? You never see it for the gents...
        Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

you see it at sporting events or concerts

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley

So no toilet? no comment.
            Nope.
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              Azazel, he's a pervert...
              Tell me you didn't check out that blonde chick in Starship Troopers during the coed shower scene.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by axi
                I think women tend to go to the restrooms more often as well. Their "hydraulics" can hold less pressure, IIRC. You will know what I mean if you are used to make long journeys in cars.

In the building where I work, we are 18 people, of which only 2 are women. Yet there exactly 3 stalls for women and 3 stalls for men in the restrooms. The architect could not predict that mechanical engineering is a typically male profession.
                In which century was your building designed?
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
                  Great! And if these women want a government regulation passed, forcing buildings to have more restrooms for women, then the extra restrooms should be coin operated, in order to pass the cost on to the people who are demanding certain extra benefits
                  Why not just charge everyone to use the bathroom? I've got it--coin operated restrooms for everyone. While we're at, employees get docked for time spent in the restroom. And at lunch or any other breaks, too. Hell, why let them have restrooms in the first place? They just take up expensive space and cost money to maintain. If they can't hold it, tough ****. Literally.

Wooo, the fun of Libertarianism! Yeeee!
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I don't like the idea of unisex bathrooms, would likely mean no urinals.
                    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Speaking of charging people for restroom use, that's how it used to be in the U.S. and still is in other parts of the world.

Interestingly, if it weren't for women's restrooms, we'd all still be paying. Basically the argument then was that it was unfair to charge for restrooms because men could just use a bush or back alley.
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Why not just charge everyone to use the bathroom? I've got it--coin operated restrooms for everyone.
                        If companies are forced by federal regulation to provide a certain number of bathrooms, I see no reason they shouldn't charge for their use - pass the cost off to their users, rather than eat it themselves.

On the other hand, employee morale is a serious issue as well, and it could be that a company would be better off eating the cost for a reasonable number of restrooms. When the number of restrooms and amount of federal regulations gets out of hand, though, as is the case when women start *****ing and moaning about wanting more restrooms, THEN the company is certainly justified in charging, if they are forced by federal regulation to provide more.

While we're at, employees get docked for time spent in the restroom.
                        Employee morale is the only reason I see not to do this - I see nothing immoral about it, though.

And at lunch or any other breaks, too.
                        *shrug* See above answers.

Hell, why let them have restrooms in the first place? They just take up expensive space and cost money to maintain. If they can't hold it, tough ****. Literally.
                        *shrug* See above answers. To recap, it comes down to employee morale - companies should take some costs upon themselves, not out of a legal obligation, but as a good business practice. These costs should be reasonable, and should only be passed onto employees when certain groups of employees decide to whine and try to get federal regulations. When that happens, that group of employees should be forced to pay - why should I, as a male, pay for extra female restrooms I'm never going to use? And yes, the cost will be passed onto me in some way, I guarantee it. The way around this is a simple system of user fees for additional facilities.

Wooo, the fun of Libertarianism! Yeeee!
                        Well, at least it'd cut down on whining, if everyone had to pay for the results of their whining.

Anyway, Boris, I'm sure you can think of some more strawmen to throw at me, if you put your mind to it. Shouldn't be overly taxing for you, and if you get stumped, just refer to any debate in which either Berzerker or I participate. All kinds of irrelevant strawmen get thrown at us in those threads.
                        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

If companies are forced by federal regulation to provide a certain number of bathrooms, I see no reason they shouldn't charge for their use - pass the cost off to their users, rather than eat it themselves.

Well you are a fan of natural rights... I see no other right as 'natural' as being able to relieve yourself .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

@ Imran

Besides, forcing employees to pay for their own basic freedoms is highly immoral
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Can anyone say "peonage"? The reason we don't charge employees for things like this, in the USA, is how robber capitalism (used to denote a very specific flavor, by the way) used it to try to steal the value of their labor from them. Read the history of the West Virginia coal fields. The US government bombed it's own citizens! Good, largley factual movie made on it was Matewan. Well done, much more factual than the typical "historically based" movie. It's why employees have certain rights, based on historically bad behavior by corporations. It tries to level the playing field. Remember, a corporation itself is a special entity created by the government, in a truly libetarian society they wouldn't exist .
                              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

wow, I had no idea this actually existed:
                                Visit First Cultural Industries
                                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X