Stupid Howard Dean quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Howard Dean quote

On Chris Matthew's Hardball, Dean was asked how he would deal with Iran.

“Iran is a more complex problem because the problem is not as clearly verifiable as it is in North Korea. Also, we have less - fewer levers. The key, I believe, to Iran is pressure through the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union is supplying much of the equipment that Iran, I believe, most likely is using to set itself along the path of developing nuclear weapons. We need to use that leverage with the Soviet Union and it may require us buying the equipment the Soviet Union was ultimately going to sell to Iran to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons."

This obviously was intentional since he used the word 4 times in the same quote. Doesn't Dean know the Soviet Union collapsed more than 10 years ago?
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Sigh. Billy boy of Fox News did the same thing a few months ago.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

And of course it isn't a possibility in the least that he neglected to say "former."
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

And of course it isn't a possibility in the least that he neglected to say "former."

If Bush gets slammed for his verbal gaffes, so should Dean.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

But this is a retarded idea of a verbal gaffe. I mean, honestly, is there nothing better than this in the many, many speeches he's made (he's not a very smooth speaker particularly on TV, so he can get pretty bad).
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
            But this is a retarded idea of a verbal gaffe.
            We take what we can get.

Comment

What's wrong with Soviet Union? Huh?

What? Really? When did that happen? Gosh, I need to keep up with the news more.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I'll admit any day that I know next to nothing about Dean, but it's bordering on ridiculous to suggest a man skilled enough to be where Dean is today would somehow be unaware the Soviet Union broke down. You'll have to dig up something better than this, guys, and I'm sure you will as the election approaches.

Comment

Wishful thinking on his part no doubt.
                  ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                  ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I'll admit any day that I know next to nothing about Dean, but it's bordering on ridiculous to suggest a man skilled enough to be where Dean is today would somehow be unaware the Soviet Union broke down.

It didn't stop the Bush bashers (not on the USSR, per say, but other countries)... still doesn't actually.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Can you smell double standard?

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

funny how when Bush makes an innocent slip of the tongue, the Bush bashers are quick to tear him apart, but when Dean makes a serious geopolitical blunder, it is "no big deal".
                        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                        G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

The diplomat,

I whole-heartedly agree on your point that we ought to judge our politicians by the same standard no matter our political preferences. That's my problem with your thread.

Comment

the soviet union? but we thought you were dead!

that's what we wanted you to think.

(grass rolls away, berlin wall pops up)
                            (secret doors open in red square, and soviet troops march out in formation)
                            (lenin breaks out of his case)

must crush kepitalism.
                            B♭3

Comment

yeah I was watching that...

but Dean is still a great guy, and if there's a God in heaven, he'll be our next president...
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X