Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident
    bah, don't come here whining about other forums . That's not the Poly way
    Yeah, if you want to rant about other forums, go to Counterglow.
    Golfing since 67

Comment

I scanned through Comrade T's list and saw

Say
      Mentally Challenged
      Think
      Founding Fathers

Say
      Mommy
      Think
      Bullying

PC is definitely out of control.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

Now that I think of it -- if we should go out of our way to offend people, why would Slowwy, MTG, TCO and other veterans have any problems with offensive remarks made in memorial threads??

How dare they express being offended!! PC fanatics!!
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

You know, I have been here for over four years now and this is the first time I clicked on a Civfanatics link.

Comment

What does your SO think?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I remember on the Straightdope there was a HUGE thread on whether or not using the word "****sucker" was demeaning to gays as it implied there was something wrong with gay oral sex.

As somebody who supports gay marriage and adoption, even I think that was a bit too sensitive. Boris? Asher? What do y'all think?

(I'm looking for serious answers, btw - if you're interested, I can probably dig up the thread for you (but I hope not because the SDMB search function is as slow as, well, Sloww. )

Comment

Think
                Daddy
                Say
                Male Parent

Think
                Mommy
                Say
                Mommy

PC has a double standard. Hard to believe, eh?

JohnT:

Of course the word implies wrongness. Why else use that epithet?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                  But you Austrians [...]
                  This is far too offensive, I think.
                  I would say, 'Bipedal inhabitant of central Europe'
                  or more positive: 'Sentient Bipedal inhabitant of central Europe'

[stop trolling]
                  You see my point?
                  Sometimes the PC words are even MORE offensive than the 'normal' words.
                  [/stop trolling]
                  The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I to experience a negative emotional feeling for politically correct speech.
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

People hating political correctness as all of you do cannot be that bad...
                      Statistical anomaly.
                      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry
                        This is far too offensive, I think.
                        I would say, 'Bipedal inhabitant of central Europe'
                        or more positive: 'Sentient Bipedal inhabitant of central Europe'
                        Central European primates would be better
                        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid

Central European primates would be better
                          primates? How offensive!! What do you think we are!?!

How about "Central European advanced sapiens"?
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

European is offensive, East Asia Peninsula advanced sapiens would be correct.
                            Statistical anomaly.
                            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Fine, I apologize to East Asian advanced sapiens I may have offended by calling them Austrians. I'll be more careful next time.

Comment

One o them days someones gonna come up with a new phrase for political correctness
                                Visit First Cultural Industries
                                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X