Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

write your congressman to repeal the speed limit
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
      write your congressman to repeal the speed limit
      Already thought of that....

Nothing major happenned last night except for the fact that I had to walk in the rain for 15 minutes at 5 degrees outside because the car I chose to go home with didn't start.....And the dealer was already closed....So I closed and locked the gate of the paarking lot and started to walk home. While walking, I had my hands in my pockets and I realized I had a set of keys of another car ! But it was too late because I already locked the gate and I didn't have the keyx to open it up again....

I really should have stayed in bed yesterday.

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
        Regardless, is that how it works in CA? Cops have to come in to argue tickets?
        Yes, legally people have the right to confront thier accuser in a court of law. The cops get paid to go to court but sometimes the cop is late or can't make it and then you get a "failure to prosicute". That means you walk Scot free and consider yourself lucky.

I normally fight tickets hoping this happens (four tickets in a 10 year period and two of them got dropped) plus I like the idea of tieing up the states resources. If I make it more expensive for these ****ers then maybe they'll stop using bogus tickets as a way to milk people for more revenue and return it to it's original purpose which is improving public safety.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

never be in a hurry, that's my motto.

You aren't some slave to your boss, you tell him you will get there when you get there.

I never hurry to work.

Comment

Shiite, man, life's short. Taking your time is wasting your life, imo.

Comment

There's an old Cantonese saying that goes, "Are you in a hurry to your next incarnation?"
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

This is going to sound cold Spec but:

1) you have your health
                2) you have a job
                3) you have a roof over your head

so everything is a-okay
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

On my way up to Chicago for Thanksgiving I got pulled over @ the McDonalds on the Skyway. Wasn't paying attention about the speed limit drop from 55 to 35 and some pig was sitting there finishing out his monthly quota. Man was I peeved.

Thankfully Spec here has shown that others had it worse. Thanks, man. I feel better.

(+ I got $1000 from my GM for legacy and another $500 worth of software @ my friends place so it evens out )
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Well, hopefully there aren't any hard feelings in this thread that can't be smoothed over by, say, a turkey leg (or two).
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I had to laugh - this is the funniest thread by far I've read. Since I'm starting my weekend - thanks.
                      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

OK, it's not a good start to the day... but it could have been a lot worse.

1) You could have hit a police officer while speeding.

2) You could have failed a breathalyser test while being booked.

3) You could have been stuck behind a funeral procession all the way to your place of employment.

4) You could have been diagnosed with a terminal, painful disease.

You've still got the job, yes? What's the big deal? If your boss is such an arse as to ask you to be early during the rush hour, then they should pay the speeding fines.
                        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                          never be in a hurry, that's my motto.

You aren't some slave to your boss, you tell him you will get there when you get there.

I never hurry to work.
                          I agree. I would never risk a moving violation unless life/limb depended on it.

Forget the fines...the insurance increases will beat that by like x10!

Moving violations are the drivers fault

Comment

Originally posted by Skyjack666
                            Forget the fines...the insurance increases will beat that by like x10!
                            No, I wont forget the fines....that's what pisses me off...
                            And I wont have insurance increases because of thta, it doesn't work this way here.

Oh, and my weekend went a lot better than my friday has...thankfully.

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                              There's an old Cantonese saying that goes, "Are you in a hurry to your next incarnation?"
                              Bully for the Cantonese. Being a typical Westerner, I have no belief in reincarnation.

Comment

You're a typical type A person.
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X