No announcement yet.

Racist TV commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like a Mad Lib? What's that got to do with Comcast Digital Cable, exactly?
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Nothing. It'd just a pointless ***** about something with randomly inserted names, which is a stab at this thread (and many others).
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Neither of you get it...
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
          Neither of you get it...
          In that case you suck.
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

He laughed at my joke and didn't even get it
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Funnier my way

Comment

Theben, Only one week? Order take out...
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The cat hasn't finished going thru the boxes of last week's take-out...

Comment

When I saw the title, I was thinking about those Sotka commercials few months ago. Sotka is a Finnish furniture firm that is renowned for it's crappy commercials, which always contain the same two actors who act crappily, stupid bouncy music on the background and a badly animated cartoon bird ('sotka', can't remember what it is in English). Anyway, few months ago they were selling something with a Mexico theme, so the two guys played Mexicans, which apparently consisted of having big moustaches and saying "Aiiye!" a lot. If they were supposed to be Mexicans.

But in any case, that's probably not racism, that's just stupidity. Their current theme is "Texas Yankee beds", and they bring forth their Americanness by wearing stetsons and saying "Ay" and "Howdy" a lot.
                    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

But by having diverse ethnicities in commercials, the ad people are still being racist. They still choose people based on their race...

Comment

"Latinos" are a race of their own since when?

Comment

When you get wealthier you can hire a hot young woman to clean your house like I do.

You're living the dream.

What if we still do the dishes after letting sit for a week?

You need to invest in some disposable dishes.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I can't say I've noticed a lot of Hispanic actors on commercials, but I think there is an increase in Hispanic-friendly commercials. Often I think some things in a commercial are meant to appeal to that market, like say the music.

This isn't about race, but theres one thing about commercials that drives me crazy. The husband is ALWAYS a completely clueless, childish idiot in them. Then the wife comes along and cooly, competently solves the problem or chides the husband. Its very consistant and getting annoying.

I've seen some old TV shows and the situation was the opposite, with a foolish wife and a calm, cool husband. Now we seem to just have the reverse, and its still lousy.
                            Good = Love, Love = Good
                            Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

There is a subtle pressure about reverse racism in TV commercials. The latest British Telecom commercials feature a couple of geeky types wearing naff '70's styles but they are white! I can't think of a commercial where something is being caricatured and any of the actors in such a role are non-white.
                              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Sotka is a type of duck.
                                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                                X