Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Vagabond
    What?! He is not a friend of Moscow.
    Yes he is. Putin did put a lot of pressure on him for allowing Chechens to stay in his country. However when Sjevardnadse was ousted Russia sent its foreign minister dwon there. They had a photo op where they were holding hands. I take that as a message showing where loyalties are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saras
      Who in their right mind would rejoin Russia voluntarily?..
      They may not be in their right mind, but it's a fact that Abkhazia has been willing to join Russia for the last 10 years at least. Is it usual for you to dismiss facts that contradict your world view, Saras?
      Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
        In any case it would be a violation of Georgian sovereignty. After lectures from Russia on the importance of soveriegnty wrt 1. Iraq 2. Kosovo 3. Chechnya it will be very interesting to see Russia annex Abkazia or South Ossetia against the will of the Republic of Georgia. Do you suppose Russia will then grant independence to Chechnya, and support the independence of Kosovo?
        We were talking about their desire to join Russia. It doesn't mean that Russia will ever grant their plea. So what the hell are you talking about? In fact, the official Russian position is that they are and should remain a part of Georgia.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
          Whats hardcore about him? As far as I can tell he only insists on Georgian sovereignty, and opposes meddling by Russia.
          OK, let's say that he is simply a nationalist, and the autonomies are against him. A more balanced figure is needed in order to bring peace to Georgia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tripledoc
            Yes he is. Putin did put a lot of pressure on him for allowing Chechens to stay in his country. However when Sjevardnadse was ousted Russia sent its foreign minister dwon there. They had a photo op where they were holding hands. I take that as a message showing where loyalties are.
            I would still like to insist that he is not. But the thing is that the new president will be even worse in many ways.

Comment

OK, let's say that he is simply a nationalist, and the autonomies are against him. A more balanced figure is needed in order to bring peace to Georgia.
              I would say that his partymen parading around with Crusader flags, is bound to put more than a little fear into any minority. This is bad.

Comment

Is it usual for you to dismiss facts that contradict your world view, Saras?
                What facts?

And abkhazia - I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but I think Abkhazias political elite is fully subverted. Hey, admit it, it's your modus operandi . I actually think it is sort of cool, in a sinister way and as long as it is not applied to lithuania
                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
                X