• Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty much any accent

european ones do so the most

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

:mmm:

I've worked with a girl with an Afrikaans accent, I tend to pick up on it after we've talked for any length of time.

I also like a Brit in my history class, wonderful British accent, though she was born in raised here in BC.

However, the best for me is a strong Hispanic accent, Mexican is absolutely beautiful.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Space05us:

What's a Canadian accent?

Are you talking about the Newfies on the coast?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

What's a Canadian accent?
          Canadian's don't have an accent, eh... You flippin' hoser, don't even know what you talkin' aboot

A lot of accents "do it" for me; peurto rican southerner with a touch of Bostonian I really hate the Midwest accent, like in Fargo. Makes them sound like idiots.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

I like oriental girls but the Russian accent. What I need is someone who is a cross of both...

I'm seeing a gorgeous Japanese girl who lived in Moscow for years as a child and is studying Russia at uni...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Canadian's don't have an accent, eh... You flippin' hoser, don't even know what you talkin' aboot
              This depends on the region. People over here in BC won't talk the same way as people back east, or people in Quebec.

I just want to find out what accent Space05us considers, 'Canadian.'

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                they all sound alike

What is Daphne from the tv show frasier? In the show she is supposed to be from Manchester. I don't know if her accent fits that or not.
                Its supposed to be Manchester, but it sounds a bit put on to my hear. If you hear her talk out of character you'll find that her accent very different. She is actually from East Grinstead, which is about 15-20 miles from my home in the England.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

the norther you go in britain the harder it is to understand.

best english accent, californian an yes i'm biased.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                    the norther you go in britain the harder it is to understand.

Amen.

Rab C Nesbitt.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Ah my vote got French in the lead
                      Worst: dutch (not flemish, although it can wfull too)
                      -

Depends on what they are saying though, like you know, i mean, like, like, well, you know like that thing!, well's like that, you like see... *shivers*
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

cweing gum thats california accent, thats california

Comment

/me loves the way GRITS speak

(Girls raised in the South)
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch

Its supposed to be Manchester, but it sounds a bit put on to my hear. If you hear her talk out of character you'll find that her accent very different. She is actually from East Grinstead, which is about 15-20 miles from my home in the England.
                            The actor who plays Martin Crane is actually from Manchester originally. The very worst accent I heard on 'Frasier' was when they had Daphne's brother (played by Australian, Antony La Paglia) visit her.
                            For some bizarre reason, he spoke in American accented Mockney.

I love the sound of English when spoken by French Canadians. I also like Canadian English. Soft Irish brogues and Scots English of the Highlands and Islands are absolutely dreamy. I like a West Country burr, too, and the sound of Cornish accents makes me homesick for clotted cream, saffron loaves and pasties.

I can't abide a Birmingham or Black Country accent- despite being born a stone's throw from Birmingham. Yorkshire accents unfortunately remind me of Geoff Boycott and obnoxious Tory politicians.

I like most Australian accents I've heard (the Greek, Maltese and Lebanese Australian comedians do great take offs of the 'aspiring' ethnic accents) and I really do like Kiwi accents too. There is an advertisement on Aussie television for a Kiwi cheese where the actors (Kiwis) actually say 'frudge' for 'fridge', 'creckers' for 'crackers', and 'byewdiflee' for 'beautifully'.

I also like Ghanaian and Nigerian English.
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                            X