No announcement yet.

bush's approval rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got an idea about why there is a discrepancy. Perhaps the Dutch TV confused Bush's poll numbers for Schroeder's?

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by rah

We have no 8 o'clock news. hmmmmmmm
      You must be confused. We have two distinct types of news shows on the broadcast networks. This does not include the cable news channels like CNN CNBC etc.

One is the local news that is produced locally. It may cover briefly national or international stories, but that's not it's purpose.

Then there is the network news that covers mostly national and international stories with an occasional local story if it's big enough. CBS ABC and NBC. Much more credible than Euros give them credit for.

So it depends on which news broadcasts you're talking about. Get your facts straight before you make biased statements like that.

I was making an excessive argument on purpose oh mighty rah, what you say is true, but if I'm biased, then it's only in the part that the majority of the american people only watch their local news. I've never been on the US, but I've been told by someone who lived there fo quite some time. This is all the biased I can be.

DanS your head must be full of bullcrap if you really think there's a European conspiracy to overthrow Bush's Administration or something. Just don't start arguing that what is said over here is untrue. You still haven't said what's YOUR version of Bush's popularity, but whatever it is, ours sure isn't made to make Bush look dumb. He already does that on his own.
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

It has never been below 50% in his presidency. Where do you guys come up with these bull**** numbers?
        It's been below 50% a number of times (though not at 38%). It currently is at 48% according to Zogby. It was at 45% a couple months ago.
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
          No, but YOU must be! I keep getting more and more surprised by the amount of censorship there must be in USA's media!
          You have no clue what you are talking about. The only way the Government can "censor" anything is by limiting what they tell the press or limiting what they leak to the press. The government does not control the media. While each news company does have their own particular bias, that is determinded by their ownership, and not the Government. If there was "censorship" there would never be a negative story done about the Bush administration... and we know that happens all the time... Each media outlet provides the stories they think there audience will want to know about... If one of the major outlets don't pick up on a story, I can always find it out elsewhere... If I don't like the bias applied to a story by a news outlet, I can always go to another outlet that is more balanced.

So you are the one that seems to be living in fantasy land... Your own biases are starting to show as you just make stuff up about something you obviously know very little about
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You still haven't said what's YOUR version of Bush's popularity, but whatever it is, ours sure isn't made to make Bush look dumb. He already does that on his own.
            That's a rather boring troll.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Zealot: I can only go by SM tells us. If the reporters say that Bush's approval rating is at 38%, then they're dumb ****s or big fat liars.
              Met KPN Combivoordeel stel je al jouw thuis en mobiele abonnementen zelf samen. Internet, mobiel, TV, entertainment en meer. Via het netwerk van Nederland.

Rectification. Bush's approval rating isn't 38%...but only 38% of Americans will vote for Bush in the next election.

Uit een landelijke opiniepeiling... blijkt dat maar 38 procent van de kiezers van plan is volgend jaar op Bush te stemmen

A nation wide opinion pull shows that only 38% of the voters plans to vote for Bush next year.

Uit een opiniepeiling...bleek dat een meerderheid van de Amerikanen...het Irak-beleid van president George Bush afkeurt.

An opinion poll shows that a majority of the Americans disproves of president Bush's Iraqi policies.
              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Saturday, November 8, 2003 Posted: 4:41 PM EST (2141 GMT)

(CNN) -- A poll released Saturday finds that more registered voters want to see President Bush voted out than kept in office in the next election, but his job approval rating has remained constant.

In the Newsweek poll, 50 percent of registered voters who were queried said they do not want to see Bush re-elected, while 44 percent said they do.

The survey of 1,002 adults interviewed Thursday and Friday has a margin of error of plus-or-minus 3 percentage points.

The president's overall approval rating in the survey was 52 percent -- the same it has been in previous polls by the magazine during the past two months.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

In the Newsweek poll, 50 percent of registered voters who were queried said they do not want to see Bush re-elected, while 44 percent said they do.

bye bye Dubya!

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus

bye bye Dubya!
                    I wouldn't worry too much at this time. The Democrats have been campaigning for some months now attacking Bush. Bush has not been campaigning and has not been directly responding to the Democrats.

I don't have the poll, but if you run Dean, the most likely Dem candidate, against Bush, Bush wins. Dean appears to have created a very bad first impression among many Americans.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Bush has not been campaigning

has not been directly responding to the Democrats.
                      Cause he has no adequate response.

if you run Dean
                      what about Clark?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

I don't have the poll, but if you run Dean, the most likely Dem candidate, against Bush, Bush wins. Dean appears to have created a very bad first impression among many Americans.
                        Not if you ran Dean with Clark. I think that would be strong ticket that would blunt the effect of Dean's weaknesses in foreign policy and homeland and national security.

That's the only chance Dean has.
                        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

• Bush's approval among registered voters doesn't mean anything. There are more democrats registered than republicans, but republicans vote more often than democrats. Because of this, among likely voters Bush probably has a higher approval than among the entire populace.

Comment

• Niet

"I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• The Republican strategists actually thought their 70% approval ratings were going to carry longer than this. I would never put such faith in the American attention span.

Bush's approval among registered voters doesn't mean anything. There are more democrats registered than republicans, but republicans vote more often than democrats. Because of this, among likely voters Bush probably has a higher approval than among the entire populace.
                              Not this time around. Bush has definitley mobilized his detractors. I am positive his supporter turnout will be quite similar to last election, but his detractor turnout will be much higher. I was talking to my brother about it earlier today..... Every single person who opposed the Iraq war will be voting in the next election. Every single one of em. I have talked with so many people about it, and most of them do not bother to vote, but this time around, with no convincing required, they have assured me they most definitley will.
                              Pentagenesis for Civ III
                              Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                              Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                                So say Republican strategists. So, essentially, Republican strategist are saying "choose someone else please, this guy might have a chance"

Fact is, Dean is very popular. Look at how many people have decided already to put their money where their mouth is. I for one, intend to be on of the 2 million, and I only make $9 an hour.
                                Pentagenesis for Civ III
                                Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                                Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X